EBC Pads and Discs From Cougar Store 350z

MITZ@CougarStore

My latest update from the discs is that they didnt last 2 proper track days... :rant:

and just in case you are wondering there is a lot of vibration on hard braking at high speed (60mph)

and even more when doing anything over 110mph and gets worse the higher the speed...(thats without braking)..

What do you mean without braking?? :dry:

I mean just driving and doing that speed and above! :scare:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest update from the discs is that they didnt last 2 proper track days... :rant:

and just in case you are wondering there is a lot of vibration on hard braking at high speed (60mph)

and even more when doing anything over 110mph and gets worse the higher the speed...(thats without braking)..

What do you mean without braking?? :dry:

I mean just driving and doing that speed and above! :scare:

sounds like the discs have warped

Got my pads fitted a while back, happy with them so far :thumbs:

(a bit squeeeky but thats me cheating not using paste on the left side.. :blush:, hopefully go once I break them in only done 800km since I got them on)

CS, re post from dissapointed buyer, maybe you need to sort that out in PM/Phone etc? Should last more then two trackdays I'm sure? (if someone didnt drive with the braking the whole time?)

:blackeye:

(a bit squeeeky but thats me cheating not using paste on the left side.. :blush:, hopefully go once I break them in only done 800km since I got them on)

CS, re post from dissapointed buyer, maybe you need to sort that out in PM/Phone etc? Should last more then two trackdays I'm sure? (if someone didnt drive with the braking the whole time?)

Hi bud, glad you received your pads... :thumbs:

Greekman didn't buy the discs from me, I think he bought them from Phil... :)

Hi bud, glad you received your pads... :thumbs:

Greekman didn't buy the discs from me, I think he bought them from Phil... :)

They do squeak and i got them brand new from Phil. They didnt last more than a track day and a half actually as the first track day didnt last long and was a bit damp as well.... :dry:

Cadwell park has 3 hard braking corners... but i didnt look after the brakes properly as i did go on for one more lap after they showed signs of overheating.... the was driven on the limit all day!!!! Guess i need something even better than the EBC disks.... any ideas CS??? :teeth:

They do squeak and i got them brand new from Phil. They didnt last more than a track day and a half actually as the first track day didnt last long and was a bit damp as well.... :dry:

Cadwell park has 3 hard braking corners... but i didnt look after the brakes properly as i did go on for one more lap after they showed signs of overheating.... the was driven on the limit all day!!!! Guess i need something even better than the EBC disks.... any ideas CS??? :teeth:

How did you break in the disc and pads? Sounds to me like you had new discs, went out and mullered them and now they are shot. EBC arent the best discs in the world to start with, certainly wouldnt use them on a regular track day machine. Secondly, if you hadnt heat cycled them correctly to begin with, that could have caused it too. My brakes (EBC discs and DS2500) squealed at first but once I bedded them in right it stopped and have been fine since. Seems like you had the wrong discs for what you are using them for. No discs should die after a couple of track days if used properly.

Get some DBA 2 piece discs, that should help you out B)

How did you break in the disc and pads? Sounds to me like you had new discs, went out and mullered them and now they are shot. EBC arent the best discs in the world to start with, certainly wouldnt use them on a regular track day machine. Secondly, if you hadnt heat cycled them correctly to begin with, that could have caused it too. My brakes (EBC discs and DS2500) squealed at first but once I bedded them in right it stopped and have been fine since. Seems like you had the wrong discs for what you are using them for. No discs should die after a couple of track days if used properly.

Get some DBA 2 piece discs, that should help you out B)

My brembo disks died after a single day at Oulton park (about 45 laps)!!!! Had done about 8000miles by then. Changed to EBC at 11000miles. They were bedded in by Fletch and didnt squeak for about 2000 miles. Then i did the damp track day at oulton park and they started squeaking. Sometimes they did a lot and sometimes they were ok. After the second track day (proper dry one more than 60 laps a set of ps2s and almost 2 tanks of petrol !!! ) i can feel vibrations through the steering wheel during breaking (car has 15600 miles). its not too bad but still rather annoying....

I dont blame the disks but I will defo change to something different before my next track day.... :)

Sounds to me like the brakes get a lof of abuse. I certainly wouldnt be using EBCs for that kind of track work. Try PMing ZMANALEX as he does a lot of track work too and see what he suggests. Most members on here never venture on a track, let alone doing 60 laps a day, so wont appreciate the abuse that gives the discs. After a fast road session by brakes are stupidly hot, so I just cant imagine what 60 laps in a day would do to them! :scare: I think with that kind of abuse you need to be looking at a much more uprated setup.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought EBC Ultimax and redstuff pads front and rear from CS for a great price, delivery was unexpectedly quick!

A++++ would buy again :D

Nissan have quoted me £146 to get these fitted, so will be asking them to fit them next Friday and bedding them in on a quiet road during the morning of Saturday.

Report + pics will follow :thumbs:

Bought EBC Ultimax and redstuff pads front and rear from CS for a great price, delivery was unexpectedly quick!

Nissan have quoted me £146 to get these fitted, so will be asking them to fit them next Friday and bedding them in on a quiet road during the morning of Saturday.

Come on richard :bangin::bangin:

These are very diy! save your self the doshers and do it your self

Come on richard :bangin::bangin:

These are very diy! save your self the doshers and do it your self

Believe me, with my lack of skills....could end up driving around with no brakes :yawn: I will stick to changing wheels and attempting to fit a stereo :lol:

• 1 month later...

After I picked myself back off the floor after being quoted nearly a £1000 from the local Nissan dealership to have my pads and rear disks changed I bought from CS. Saved a fortune and CS was great to deal with.