EBC Pads and Discs From Cougar Store 350z

MITZ@CougarStore

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the ones above (turbo groove) all round - the key for me was not only do they look and perform better than the standard discs, but they are also cheaper.

I had a couple of discs on my car that were scored quite badly and needed replacing - having all four corners replaced with these EBC discs was (from memory) at least £1,000+ cheaper than replacing with standard discs from Nissan.

Have got some pics of the discs fitted? I am quite keen on thse and would like to see how they look behind the wheels. Cheers

I have the ones above (turbo groove) all round - the key for me was not only do they look and perform better than the standard discs, but they are also cheaper.

I had a couple of discs on my car that were scored quite badly and needed replacing - having all four corners replaced with these EBC discs was (from memory) at least £1,000+ cheaper than replacing with standard discs from Nissan.

Have got some pics of the discs fitted? I am quite keen on thse and would like to see how they look behind the wheels. Cheers

I'm sure I've got some photos, will take a look... :thumbs:

All, thought I should mention that I also have the EBC Ultimax discs available in the Brembo fitment only, they retail at £390.00 for the front and rear, however, for the first member I would be willing to offer a better deal…

They start off looking like this…

UltimaxDiscs.jpg

DSC03216Medium.jpg

And after a few applications they look this….

UltimaxDiscs1.jpg

Ultimacused.jpg

If you want the first set, on offer, do send me a PM... :thumbs:

Got EBC Turbo Groove discs all over with DC2500 pads.... feeling a bit numb when cold comparing to my x Brembo discs....and god they squeak...

But on the track........ :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Piccies Fitted!!!! :D

I’m just waiting for nfarr to email the discs/pads he had fitted on Wednesday, a friend of mine fitted them for him... :thumbs:

Got some of the redstuff pads today - ordered them yesterday at about half four and they were on my doorstep a little after 9am.

Thanks for the phenomenal turn around - Going out to get a trolley jack today to get these fitted at the weekend!

Just noticed its your first post. Welcome to the forum. Stick a post in the intro section. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi CS,

In the picture of the turbo discs (that you posted with the box) the discs look a bit gold rather than silver but the ones posted by Greekman look more like a 'normal' silver colour if you follow me...

Is that 'gold' colour some kind of rust proofing that wears off once they are on the car?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi CS,

In the picture of the turbo discs (that you posted with the box) the discs look a bit gold rather than silver but the ones posted by Greekman look more like a 'normal' silver colour if you follow me...

Is that 'gold' colour some kind of rust proofing that wears off once they are on the car?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt,

The Turbo Groove discs are gold zinc anodised; basically this just prevents all the areas which don’t come into contact with the pad from corrosion. The coating would be removed even after about 50 miles, so it will start to look like Greekmans discs… :thumbs:

Got EBC Turbo Groove discs all over with DC2500 pads.... feeling a bit numb when cold comparing to my x Brembo discs....and god they squeak...

But on the track........ :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Get them bedded in again, Alex posted a great how-to. Mine squeaked quite a bit before I bedded them in properly. I have exactly the same combo and they dont sqeak at all. Cold bite is a bit worse than standard, but I find after one good application of the brakes they are fine :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Just to say thanks to Mits at Cougar Store.

Ordered a full set of Redstuff pads Tuesday morning and arrived Wednesday morning first thing. Good price too.

So thanks again Mits, will surely be using your services in future...

Matt.

Ordered Red Stuff pads and got them within a couple of working days, excellent price and great service. They took a bit of bedding in but have got them sorted now and initial bite is much better than standard and they have good power, well chuffed.

Thanks Again!

• 3 weeks later...

My latest update from the discs is that they didnt last 2 proper track days... :rant:

they need changing now....after 5000miles.... :bang::thumbdown:

and just in case you are wondering there is a lot of vibration on hard braking at high speed (60mph)

and even more when doing anything over 110mph and gets worse the higher the speed...(thats without braking)..

on a track always...

wheel balancing is perfect and tyres brand new ps2s... :dry:

My latest update from the discs is that they didnt last 2 proper track days... :rant:

and just in case you are wondering there is a lot of vibration on hard braking at high speed (60mph)

and even more when doing anything over 110mph and gets worse the higher the speed...(thats without braking)..

What do you mean without braking?? :dry: