New Custom Z Dials Finally Arrived!

Dragun

Hey Guys

Finally recieved my Z dials from Black Cat Customs in the States.

P111108_1248.jpg

The picture does not do them justice....the black is not dull, its ashiny glossy black and the red is also quite intense.

Will hopefully have them fitted by the end of the week and im hoping the stock dash bulbs will shine through the dials in the red colour.

Also if anyone can post the link to the thread that has the PDF of how to remove all interior trim etc...i tried looking for it but cant find it lol. I do not know how to remove the ancillary dials, the speedo i can.

Thanks guys, i think the sceme goes very well with the interior and the veilside kit of the car :)

Look very nice :)

Hope the colours come out well, am looking forward to the results...

The screw you need to get to under the steering wheel is a PITA to get too and I belive needs a special tool... I may be wrong, just remember reading it somewhere...

Nah no special tools required, I had most of my drivers side dash off the other day trying to trace down a rattle. Theres 4 screws under the steering wheel column, then that bit of plastic below clicks off, and then 4 bolts that old the pod to the top. They are a bit of a pain to get to, but can be done quite easily :thumbs:

Oh, you may also need to remove the lower dash finisher. I did on mine, but that was because I was looking to remove as much of it all as possible. You may not be able to remove the lower wheel column without removing the lower dash, which also means removeing the plastic covering the fuse box and a few screws.

Follow the service manual :)

Was that to take the speedo housing off? If so, I stand corrected!

Well its to take the speedo pod off. As in the whole unit. You'll see if you look in the service manual. If you mean dismantling that pod, then you may need some special tools, I didnt go that far :blush:

Ps reseting the needles is an absolute B!TCH

The way I heard on my350z is! Set the rev limiter to say 2000RPM, hold the throttle dead steady so the light is lit up, then jam the needle back on at 2k RPM position! :lol:

As good as any I suppose! :teeth:

Looks good so far! I'll look forward to seeing it finished!

these look awesome B) , if its ok to ask, how much did they set you back ? ? ?, really looking forward to seeing the end result of these :thumbs:

Alltogether was $202 so arounf £100 which, depending on how u look at it is not bad. But also had to pay a £34 H&M customs fee as well.

The thing is, they are totally customisable to each lil detail, bkground colour, numbering colour, can even have a picture....you can do anything!!!

www.blackcatcustom.com

Now that they have the UK dial template they can make dials faster, mine took sooo long cos they never had a uk order before.

Once fitted ill write a review on this thread as to accuracy of dials, fitment, pics etc :)

Resetting needles? never heard of it haha....omg im sooo gonna break something i can tell lol