New Custom Z Dials Finally Arrived!

Dragun

So you jam the needle in pointing at 60 when you hit 60? how would u do the fuel and heat needles then lol.....omg i soooo jus put off from doing this now...i thought i cud just take them off and put them on lol

Just do some research before hand to make sure you know what you are doing, defo looking forward to the write up and review on these though, the item itself looks great mate, im sure there will be loads of help as well on here :thumbs: , Good Luck !!!!!!!!

Yes the RPM one is hard, the Speedo is even more difficult!!!! Spoke to someone on my350z.com who suggested I go out with someone get to 60 then jam the needle on!!! - I would not every suggest doing this!!!

Easy if you have cruise control. Set it to a speed and jam the needle back on :thumbs:

Coolant temp isnt too bad either. Note where it normally sits when warm, then just when its warm again after jam it back in that place. Does help if you have OBDII to confirm the temp is correct though.

They look great B) Look forward to seeing the results.

In a similar vein a mate of mine did a cheap version of this mod on his Golf GTi a few years ago. He took out the original dials scanned them in his kids scanner - used Photoshop to change the colour of the background and numbers etc etc - printed it off on his colour printer and stuck them back in - I have to say for a cheap job they looked the dogs would'nt know they were home made! :thumbs:

Obviously not as nice as the real thing above but worth considering?

Have not got cruise control as i have the aftermarket steering wheel on......Im sure this mod will be the death of me. :headhurt:

I spoke to Alex from black cat custom about it. He goes that from his experience of the Zed's in the states, the best thing to do is turn the ignition on but do not start the car. Note the position of any needles that move when this is done, i.e fuel, voltage etc. Turn off and remove needles and fit dials....then plug the dials back in......turn ignition on...place the needles to their original positions and the Rev/Speedo/Temp gauge resting in the normal resting position as this is where they begin.

Either way......if this dont work guess its a wide open empty carpark and try to jam those buggers in. Well the day of judgement is on friday...so ill hopefully have the write up and "how to" up on Saturday :D