ipod in a 350z

lnorange

it's possible to modify the bose headunit to have an aux in by cutting a track and doing a little soldering on the tapedeck part ... I refer you to :

http://my350z.com/forum/audio-video/939 ... guide.html

not sure I'd bother though! :dry:

Never seen nothing like this before, sounds a bit too in-depth though, jsut stick with a little fm transmitter, pennies too :thumbs:

it's possible to modify the bose headunit to have an aux in by cutting a track and doing a little soldering on the tapedeck part ... I refer you to :

http://my350z.com/forum/audio-video/939 ... guide.html

not sure I'd bother though! :dry:

I've done a couple of these - takes about a couple of hours to do properly and can fit a switch too to keep the tape deck (if you *really* want it!).

Steve

The dension "ice link one" is in my car (just got the car last week and had to do a bit of research to find what it really was) and this is a hard wired solution but uses various FM frequencies - not as a "transmitter" but as as proper wired link. The cradle looks really smart and charges the ipod too. You can't control the ipod via the hi-fi or steering controls, but the sound quality is pretty good - as good as a decent FM broadcast anyway and as it isn't broadcast as such there is no naff interference that you might get with an ITrip for example. See www.dension.com

It seems to struggle with my old 3G Ipod but my wifes IPod mini works fine, just check their compatibility chart for your particular ipod model.

Hope this helps. Oh and just seen another post that includes the link to the same thing at Halfords...

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16932

can't you use those tapes with a wire coming off them that plug into the headphone jack of the ipod, or are they rubbish

Thought it would be better to use the fm transmitter, saves all loose wires everywhere, plus with the cig lighter in the back, a nice place to put it and out of the way !!!!!!!!!!!!

I used one of those cassette things for about 23 mins until I got fed up with the ugly wires and the proper 1980's stylee tape hiss in the background. Suddenly I remembered exactly why I don't play my original 1988 Kylie tape anymore.

• 1 month later...

i will hopefully be running the pioneer avic f500 bt, which has a built in adapter for pluging your ipod into your unit. which should mean i can use that for ipod connection into the standard head unit.

just got to get round to dismantling the dash and creating the mould for making the holder for the unit in the cubby, and then wire it all up.

will hopefully get onto this in the new year, as i'm away over xmas, but i will do a full photo diary as i go, for others who are interested.

and once i've made a mould i can make new cubby boxes up to order.

i will hopefully be running the pioneer avic f500 bt, which has a built in adapter for pluging your ipod into your unit. which should mean i can use that for ipod connection into the standard head unit.

just got to get round to dismantling the dash and creating the mould for making the holder for the unit in the cubby, and then wire it all up.

will hopefully get onto this in the new year, as i'm away over xmas, but i will do a full photo diary as i go, for others who are interested.

and once i've made a mould i can make new cubby boxes up to order.

Sounds good :thumbs:

• 3 months later...

Sadly, the answer I didn't want to find!

My CD player has given up so I thought I'd connect an ipod/mp3 player in some way to get around the cost of 1k for a totally new head unit replacement.

If anyone can suggest any alternernatives - or has successfuly connect an ipod/mp3 player then I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers

SteveBee