Stewards award Ferrari/Massa another bonus point

Ebized

Hamilton makes a complete arse of himself with red mist about him and then post the race end the Stewards decide that Sebastien Bourdais exiting the pits (correctly) should take take a 25sec penalty for Massa banging into him at turn 1, nicely handing Massa another point :rant:

Now both Hamilton and Massa did themselves no favours in this race but with virtually every race now the Stewards seem to find someway of ensuring Ferrari gain at the expense of McLaren.

Now it might be just purely co-incidence of course when I saw an interview with Max Mosely in his FIA office last week that on a cabinet was a fabulous model of the latest Ferrari....................... And never mind what Max gets up to with call girls to help his credibility :yuck: but lets hope someone does some serious investigation into just what it is that makes the controllers of F1 so biased towards Ferrari and anti McLaren that they will do anything to stop McLaren and its drivers winning the titles. :dry:

It sucks :angry:

edit - opps sorry Mods meant to put this in the off topic section - just got so wound up by what I have just heard..... :blush:)

Got up and watched it live Colin, was going to post it up myself but so sick now of all the bollox. :dry:

+1 - my only interest in it now is to see if Hamilton can still take the title even with this quckly becoming Ferrari 1 not Formula 1! Stick one up them!

Also on your note Colin, I think half the FIA are involved with Ferrari in some way. I'm sure I read somewhere that they were mostly fan boys of Ferrari on the board. :surrender:

:headhurt: I couldn't believe it, watched the race this morning, was disappointed at Hamilton's bull in the china shop approach, dare I say it but he really needs some of Alonso's composure! He's definately a great :drive1 but that alone doesn't make you a World Champion. Anyway I went out for lunch thinking well at least he's got away with only losing a point to Massa and then I come back and read this, it makes me :rant:

I thought nothing would happen with the Bourdais incident unless the FIA were going to try a bit too hard to make themselves look impartial by fining Massa. If I was Ron Dennis I'd be :boxing: in Mosley's direction.

I really hope that Lewis can be :#1: after Brazil (or even China!) and then I'll be :yahoo:

That's what you get for having so much beurocratic crap in motorsport. I just feel that racing should be won and lost on the track not in the pits or in court rooms.

They ruined perfectly good racing with all this crap. Never mind, there always motogp for RACING fans.

wow cant believe that, watched it live myself. would have to watch it over again but i dont remember sebastian crossing the white line and def looked like massa hit him not the other way around. I actually thought massa should have been given a bigger penalty. what he got only put him back close to where hamilton was following being puntted off, i would have thought massa ought to have been given a bigger penalty than what hamilton suffered.

it is getting really annoying, im getting cheesed off with it. i have watched f1 for as long as i can remember and am considering stopping watching it, or at least cutting back to only watching highlights. Its bad enough with the lack of overtaking, but this really will kill it. if hamilton does not win and overtaking is just as bad next year i can see the rating drop through the floor.

You know I’m still undecided about this.

The Hamilton/Massa situation is fair. The penalty system may need to be addressed but both deserved what they got.

Hamilton’s mistake on turn one could of ended the GP. I can’t remember ever seeing someone lock up on turn one of lap one and effectively cross the path of all the other cars.

Massa also stuffed up and deserved the penalty. He’d lost the place and should of accepted it. Both drivers were probably fuming from the turn one incident and neither were going to let up. Had Massa known how bad Hamilton’s tyres were he would of let him go. Hamilton on the other hand knew how bad the tyres were and was still prepared to take the risk of trying to out brake Massa. Should he of taken the risk? Only he knows what was going through his mind. Had he made it past cleanly how far was he prepared to travel on 50 pence piece tyres? I suspect Ron will have some serious words with him. The conservative approach to winning both championships was thrown out the window.

The Massa/Bourdais situation is iffy. Initially I shouted at the TV. I couldn’t believe Massa had allowed himself to be in that situation. He would of seen Bourdais and I thought he should and would of eased off.

Here’s the thing though. The rule is when exiting the pit lane you give way to traffic. Blue lights are on and it doesn’t matter a toss if it’s for position. Most of the time we see situations like this where the driver exiting the pit lane is far enough ahead to completely cover the racing line. In this case I think Bourdais’ mirrors would have been so filled with Ferrari he was probably screaming “holly f******g s*** b*****â€

The Massa/Bourdais situation is iffy. Initially I shouted at the TV. I couldn’t believe Massa had allowed himself to be in that situation. He would of seen Bourdais and I thought he should and would of eased off.

Here’s the thing though. The rule is when exiting the pit lane you give way to traffic. Blue lights are on and it doesn’t matter a toss if it’s for position. Most of the time we see situations like this where the driver exiting the pit lane is far enough ahead to completely cover the racing line. In this case I think Bourdais’ mirrors would have been so filled with Ferrari he was probably screaming “holly f******g s*** b*****â€

ah you're right. The lights in the pit are just warning. Took me a while to find it.

39.2 During the race, drivers leaving the pit lane may only do so when the light at the end of the pit lane is green and on their own responsibility. A marshal with a blue flag and/or a flashing blue light, will also warn the driver if cars are approaching on the track.

How do you figure it benefited Ferrari more to impose a penalty after the race on Bourdais? Was Hamilton close enough to Bourdais that had he been given a drive through Hamilton would of passed him as opposed to the 25 sec imposed after the finish?

sunset is exactly right, regarding the above, i thought that the penalty should have been given in the time remaining in the race and not after,

i will still continue to watch F1 because if hamilton does manage to win it now it will be such a victory, all the odds stacked against him!

where as if massa wins it no one will think that it was on his own, it wouldnt be his championship, it would be hollow, he seemed quite vocal on the bourdais incident as well, clearly very angry at it, he had enough pace to take him on the next lap on the start/finish straight, idiot.

:rant:

That would mean Bourdais would of had to of had a gap of 20 seconds or so to make it out in front of Massa. I cant see it myself.

See if someone can explain this. It's from the 2008 F1 Sporting Regulations.

16.1 "Incident" means any occurrence or series of occurrences involving one or more drivers, or any action by any driver, which is reported to the stewards by the race director (or noted by the stewards and referred to the race director for investigation)

So just who is in charge? Does the race director report incidents to the stewards or is it the other way round?

It benefitted Ferrari because if they'd made a decision quickly and he'd come in then he may well have got back out on the track in front of Massa and then Massa would have had to pass him on the track.

:thumbs:...... and no one at that point in the race could predict the outcome - think about it - if Massa retired before the end of the race that might have meant elevating Hamilton into/up the points table (at Bourdais's expense) and that wouldn't do, would it :dry: