Stewards award Ferrari/Massa another bonus point

Ebized

Any other pictures/video available? I know FOM clamp down on online footage very quickly.

Not much point when its shown on premiere. I will see if i can record some of it. What are you particuarly after? ;)

It's all right. The video link I posted above shows what I was looking for. I wanted to see just how far Hamilton's lock up took him across the corner. Was interesting to see Kov follow him.

Handy video that - I see it was fine for Kimi to shove webber wide at turn 1 (2.20 in that video)

Its fine for Massa to shove Button wide at the same turn (2.34 in that video)

Its fine for massa to dive into the pit lane exit and chevron area (3.29)

Id agree that Hamiltons initial move made Kimi take a wider line into the corner, but this is nothing short of what happens at most starts. Its the actions of Kovalinen that force Kimi off though.

hammas1sz5.jpg

hammas2lq2.jpg

hammas3mf5.jpg

hammas4uc4.jpg

hammas5bd7.jpg

If we are now handing out penalties for drivers forcing others wide at the first corner, then the Stewards at Spa must still be working their way through this mess:

:lol:

spastart.jpg

Its beyond a joke now as to how many blind eyes are turned whn its a red car in the wrong. My only interest in this sport now is to see if Hamilton can prevail against a clearly bias organisation.

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for a win by Hamilton at the next race, and a DNF for Massa.

Of course should that be on the cards, there will be some new invented rule brought in to stop the championship being decided before the last race.

The penalty against Hamilton for the first corner incident was unfair as it was really no more than a racing incident and in any event he paid for his error ( a big one) by flat spotting his tyres and having to stop for a tyre change. Anyone who watches the BTCC racing will see that type of move in virtually every race.

The Massa into Hamilton incident was a blatant replica of Schumacher (his mentor) into Damon Hill. What Massa did by deliberately running into the side of Hamilton (pics about to confirm) was dangerous driving - it was only fortuitous no-one collected Hamilton as he sat on the track facing the rest of the field.

The Massa/Bourdais incident was yet another example of the frustration Massa displays when he is not heading the field. Look at his driving at Silverstone - total muppet trying to control his car in difficult conditions in his attemps to stay with the field let alone get anywhere whereas Hamilton just left everyone standing.

Now we hear Alonso is saying he will do what he can to help Massa win the championship and stop Hamilton. And Torro Rosso are hardly likely to appeal Bourdais penalty given who supplies their engines :dry:

The comment on the PlanetF1 website sums McLarens and Hamiltons chances of winning the championships:

"WHAT THE F**K ? It seems to me that at this point in the season only Divine Intervention would help Lewis win the Championship FAIR and SQUARE...but then again God's earthly Rep. resides in Rome!"

The blatant corruption going on to ensure Fiarrai win the championship is a disgrace. :angry::angry::angry:

Can I voice my opinion please......

Boo hoo! When RACING these things happen. It's not a sunday drive like the Wales run or the Hoon. It's RACING. These guys are paid to try and win!

The idiots are sucking the life out the sport! It could be great if they let the drivers get on with it!

Get rid of the idiots and it would be amazing again. Nothing new, it just annoys me that there is a 3 month trial after every race.

Anyway, sorry. It really gets me that these talented drivers and teams that pour millions into it are getting shafted by folk in suits with ties, not race suits.

Once again I was gobsmacked. Thought the only outcome would have been no penalty as Bourdais just kept to his line & didn't move to block. Where else was he supposed to go (unless he was expected to slow down & allow Massa to pass at will). As Stew said the racing in the Moto GP is show much better, can you imagine the what the F1 barstewards would have done with the spectacular we saw at Laguna Seca. Can remember when James Hunt won his championship, most of it was played out in the courts with Ferrari being the ones taking it there endlessly.

MotoGP is so much better. The guys know they all cut each other up and jossle for position and just live with it. Once more they can ride at F1 speeds and bounce off each other and keep going. No faffing with officials, if you fall off, tough :boxing::teeth:

Laguna Seca was amazing. A real Dog fight. There were claims by stoner that Rossi was riding unfairly. Everyone just shrugged. That's racing! Great attitude for the spectator.

Take an attitude similar to this in F1, without it being a destruction derby and it could be VERY entertaining.

Yeh it's swings and roundabouts in MotoGP, the BTCC seems somewhere in between. There are penalties but they're always fully explained and there's pretty much never any complaints. If the authorities are going to be intervene then in my opinion this is the right way of doing it (basically because everyone thinks it's fair!)