Heated seat question

200sx

I was a bit chilly this morning so I decided to try out my heated seats for the 1st time. I notice the back getting warm but a couldn't feel heat in the base of the heat. Is this normal or is there something wrong with them?

Hull? Chilly? Having lived there for 10 years I can say now that you should not be using the heated seats yet. As my granny used to say, when it gets really cold you just won't feel the benefit :):lol:

As the others have said, it sound broken somehow. When working properly the seat feels like you have wet yourself. Yes I know that doesn't sound as good as it should... :wacko:

Got to agree with the above. Definitely something wrong. Most of the heat comes from the base - or it should. On full setting the heat is very noticeable, half setting is quite mild.

If you can't really tell on full after 10 minutes then it's definitely broken. The slight warmth you noticed will probably have been you warming the seat - body temp being above 30 degrees.

Try connections like Mike says, then the fuse, otherwise you've got a bill coming your way. Can't belive you hardly use them, mine are permanently on during the colder months, just switched to half already. Mind you I've got a roadster and it's \ bit chilly with just a frozen bit of canvas covering the car in winter !

Are both seats giving the same result? I would have though it was unlikely that they both show the same fault, unless completely dead. First time I’ve had heated seats and was a bit under whelmed. Thought they'd have a bit more oomph. I just seem to feel the warmth under my butt and at the base of the back.