list of aftermarket exhausts and in order of loudness?

p1tse

this is not as easy as it sounds. Exhausts are not so much louder than each other but all have different notes and pitches.

they come into various catagories such as deep sounding, raspy etc.

The notes also change significantly if the car has induction kit, plenum spacer, high flow cats, replacement Y pipe, decat pipes, headers, aftermarket plenums etc the list goes on.

As an example the K1 is defined as very loud although the decibel readings are surprisingly low.

All we can do is offer a list as a general consensus starting with percieved loudest first.

K1

DC Sports

Scorpion

5Zigen

Nismo

Too many variables for the list to be accurate though.

How would you say the Fujitsubo does on the loudness scale.. pretty sure mine wasnt too bad at the last Wales run. That was before the Pop charger and Y pipe though!

Went to see nemesis a few months ago and they said a new magnaflow was coming out with a cherrybomb before the Y pipe. May be worth a look?!

never seen a list in order of loudness :blush:

Hard to do TBH. Probably only a trader has heard enough to put any comprehensive list together.

Nice prompt ;):thumbs:

:lol: I'd be interested in Adam's take on this as he's likely to move a quite a few exhausts that Phil doesn't deal with.

really is an impossible thing to quantify, since there are so many, and loud does not necessarily mean "sounds poor", and vice versa

Altered Atmosphere 3 inch true dual

Greddy TIC TT

Invidia G200

Turbo XS

HKS Hi Power

Powerhouse Amuse Ti

best bet IMHO is going to a meet and deciding what you like - or, deciding what you don't like - from there it's easier to make a recommendation

well if you don't me asking. how is it the best note from an exhaust as your website says. all the videos I've seen they have de cat pipes which give the tinny rattle which spoils it?

-ho

best isnt always loudest ;)

well actually it never is unless you have a corsa :thumbs:

well if you don't me asking. how is it the best note from an exhaust as your website says. all the videos I've seen they have de cat pipes which give the tinny rattle which spoils it?

-ho

best isnt always loudest ;)

well actually it never is unless you have a corsa :thumbs:

oooo sorry my bad.. im not questioning that... personally i thought the k1 was too loud.... so i took it off my car... so agreed loudest isn't always the best...

+1 on the corsa and scoobies and every powerflow exhaust out there..