Rear parking sensors

T8 JPE

Im not sure if its just me but im only 5"7 and cant see anything out of the back wen i park. all i can see is the rear window and non on the back end of the car.

Has anyone got experience with the parking sensors on the zed. I know they ruin the lines of the car abit but they could be a great help.

Anyone got ideas on price? Are they easy to retro fit? etc

spoke to my local nissan stealer this morning and the rear park system is £294 + £175 labour. I might be giving u a call next week bigphil. cause im not paying nissan prices.

ebay and fit them yourself, there are always nissan kits on there £20 ish

We have a new kit available which fits behind the bumper so nothing is showing.

We have trialed this for two months now on three cars and it is better than the standard system.

£150 fitted.

Will post up more details next week.

That sounds great, Phil. :thumbs:

We have trialed this for two months now on three cars and it is better than the standard system.

£150 fitted.

Do they fit on a JDM rear bumper?

£150 fitted.

Do they fit on a JDM rear bumper?

will fit on any car.

£150 fitted.

So, you're not going to continue on parking by feel then - sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

£150 fitted.

So, you're not going to continue on parking by feel then - sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

I think he proved exhaust tips dont make good parking "feelers" :surrender: (sorry bud! :lol: ). Fortunately that saved me from doing the same!

iv found an electro magnetic tape kit on ebay for £29. how easy is the back bumper to remove and are there any gromits that i can pass a wire through in the boot?

you normally just wire up to the reverse light.

Is this the same system you have used, Phil?

iv found an electro magnetic tape kit on ebay for £29. how easy is the back bumper to remove and are there any gromits that i can pass a wire through in the boot?

same system but as with everything there are good and bad versions, we did try some of the cheaper ones on the TVR but were very intermittant in operation.

The ones we have now have been trialed for a while with no glitches even comming up to very thin posts at all angles never fails, which the standard Nissan item sometimes misses.

I guess to answer jims q about the front it'd be possible. They normally have a switch located in the cabin.

Well my dads rangie, mums CRV and think sisters qashqai all do...... Just switch it on or off if in traffic.

Or in the rangie offroad as it goes nuts beeping when you are bouncing about! :lol:

same system but as with everything there are good and bad versions, we did try some of the cheaper ones on the TVR but were very intermittant in operation.

The ones we have now have been trialed for a while with no glitches even comming up to very thin posts at all angles never fails, which the standard Nissan item sometimes misses.

You quoted £150 fitted, Phil. How much just to supply? (It's a long run to Sunderland!) :)

You quoted £150 fitted, Phil. How much just to supply? (It's a long run to Sunderland!) :)

£85 supply only

£150 fitted.

sounds interesting, on how it works behind the bumper and nothing showing.