Dodo juice blue velvet.

martinmac

I have been using P21S for some time now and am happy with it in all respects. However, after a recent thread I came across the Dodo Juice Blue Velvet which is claimed to be especially good for dark colours.

I finally stopped raining so I gave it a go. Very similar to use as P21S Hazes in about 5 to 10 minutes and buffs up relatively easy.

I would say the result is at least as good as P21S and I am very impressed.

I always think that the pics are only as good as the camera, photographer and lighting but just a coupleto show the finsh.

Seems like a good product.

Picture1007-1.jpg

CIMG1744.jpg

I have been using P21S for some time now and am happy with it in all respects. However, after a recent thread I came across the Dodo Juice Blue Velvet which is claimed to be especially good for dark colours.

I finally stopped raining so I gave it a go. Very similar to use as P21S Hazes in about 5 to 10 minutes and buffs up relatively easy.

I would say the result is at least as good as P21S and I am very impressed.

I always think that the pics are only as good as the camera, photographer and lighting but just a coupleto show the finsh.

B)

You do know that with P21S your not supposed to let it haze and only do one panel at a time? :)

Martin, I've changed from Blackfire products to the Purple Haze and Blue Velvet.

Blue Velvet being the Hard Wax (and a pain in the ass to put on in comparison) but the soft Purple Haze is great and much easier to apply (smells of lavendar too - nice). I usually have 1 layer of Blue Velvet built up with numerous layers of Purple Haze. Before Craig came a month or so ago there must have been at least 8 layers of Purple Haze on the Treg! The beading was awesome :blush:

I did mine with some gold old AG extra gloss protector last weekend - was so easy to use and came up lovely. Wonder if Mr Sheen works as well....... :lol:

That's a sealant but it is very good, and I like it. It protects very well too and makes the car dead easy to clean!

I gave it the once over with that as I didn't have time to go the whole hog - not to mention the weather's been so crap and my garage is full of stuff!

How does a sealant differ from a wax then? I know EGP does have carnuba wax in it.

The car wax market is now almost becoming 'designer'!

I gave it the once over with that as I didn't have time to go the whole hog - not to mention the weather's been so crap and my garage is full of stuff!

How does a sealant differ from a wax then? I know EGP does have carnuba wax in it.

The car wax market is now almost becoming 'designer'!

A sealant is a hard wearing protective coat that goes on after polish, before wax. AG have only recently done a 'wax' in the true sense of the word. EGP requires bonding to the car, hence having to leave it to dry and bond to the car. Wax is a decorative thing that does have some protection.

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/product-pr ... FH&Range=1

:)

• 3 years later...