exhaust upgrade (based in Edinburgh)

alanmcc

Hi, new to forum and I need to replace backbox as original has crack - want something that improves sound under acceleration but not too intrusive when on motorway. Would the Nismo system fit the bill here and where is the best place to buy (I live in Edinburgh)?

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan :welcome: to the forum, i would say nismo as i have one anyhow. Contact bigphil (ESR) on here about £850 iirc. :thumbs:

One of the best upgrade you can do for the money imho and puts a big grin on your face :teeth:

Hi, new to forum and I need to replace backbox as original has crack - want something that improves sound under acceleration but not too intrusive when on motorway. Would the Nismo system fit the bill here and where is the best place to buy (I live in Edinburgh)?

Thanks

Alan

Welcome to the forum Alan.

Best option would probably be the Nismo as others have said, in stock at £850.

Another option to look at would be the 5Zigen Pro-Racer at £795

:welcome:

The Nismo would indeed sit what you are after, and as Phil says, so would the 5zigen (which I have). Although if Im honest, the 5zigen can get a little monotonous on a motorway, but thats cured by turning the stereo up!

Hi Alan,

I'm in Edinburgh, with a Nismo exhaust.

I'm around this weekend - if you want we could meet up and I could take you for a blast so you can hear it first hand if you fancy it

Drop me a PM if interested

Gus

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like allot of standard exhausts fail for cracking, mine has not gone yet but one of the welds has been done 3 times around the pipe to back box! And it pains e to say its a tad embarassing as the company I work for makes them (In Japan). Thankfully the Nismo is made by someone else.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for your responses - sounds like a nismo is the answer and i'll try and hear one first hand locally before deciding.

Cheers

Alan

There will be a good few different combos on the Jockland Hoon. Why not come along and have a listen? :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Alanmcc, did you ever get the nismo exhaust? If so, are you happy with it.

I'm the same as you. I'm looking for an exhaust that isnt so monotonus on the motorway but makes the engine noise more noticable under acceleration. The nismo sounds like it fits the bill.

Does anyone know if changing the exhaust system has an effect on the warranty on the car?

• 3 months later...

I live near Edinburgh and would be happy to let you hear my Z with Apexi N1 mid pipe and back box. Give me the Xmas weekend and I'll be getting a Mongoose y Pipe and decats on it too which I would assume would change the noise... soooo if you wanna hear a Y-pipe back Apexi N1 then speak now, or if you wanna hear a Apexi and Mongoose hotch-potch of an exhaust, speak later ! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...