18 vs 19 Ride quality

Deox

Hi Guys,

Just wondering about peoples perceptions of the change in ride quality of 18 to 19"s

Roads around here are a bit hit and miss, and I have had terrible luck with pot holes when running 225/35/18 on my toyota gt4..

I enjoy the improvement of ride quality with the bigger profile tyres on the Rays 18s. Just wondering how much degredation of ride quality and how much improvement of handling has been experianced from people that have uprated to 19s such as the Nismos I like the look of B)

I know its hard to quantify, but as always, your opinions are valued.

You absolute sods...

What happened to "Oh no deox, avoid going lower profile, the ride is very hard, theres far too much road noise and you will wreck tyres on 19s"

:headhurt::headhurt:

Now Im gonna have to get some summer wheels! Shame, cos I was just about to buy some new tyres...

Question.. What were the original Bridgstones? Potenza? Thats what I have at the moment.

hmmm wonder how much more it would cost to get wheels and tyres now....

They'll be Potenza REO40 or REO50A depending on age of your Zed.

This is your chance to get shot of them and get decent tyres!

The RE050's are certainly better than the RE040's, in my experince, but the informed opinion out there is that there are many better tyres - do a search on the Forum index - lots of threads about which is considered best and what might suit your budget ;)

They'll be Potenza REO40 or REO50A depending on age of your Zed.

This is your chance to get shot of them and get decent tyres!

The RE050's are certainly better than the RE040's, in my experince, but the informed opinion out there is that there are many better tyres - do a search on the Forum index - lots of threads about which is considered best and what might suit your budget ;)

Wouldn't be hard to improve on RE040s.

Had them on two different cars and terrible in the wet on both.

But the two things are somewhat linked. From experiance of 225/35/18 the tyre make made little change to ride quality between something like cheap federals or nankangs compared to eagle f1s or proxys.Running on 17s was a wolrd apart for ride quality, probably due to more flex in the tire walls, maybe the change in unsprung weight had some effect.mm don't know.

Obviously still enough play even on 19s with the zed not to adversly affect it.

Any how's, great to know, thanks for the input all. Out of curiousity, of those that have reported no change in ride, what tyres have you swapped to?

I wanted to get rid of my Bridgestones within 5k miles of buying it brand new. Used the opportunity to upgrade to 19" Nismos and shod them in skinny Toyo's. Ride is as good if not better, road noise better even though they are quite a bit wider (275 on rear) and grip is awesome. Plus they have a great tread pattern - all adds to the look. B)