Ceramic spray

MONKEYSOCKS

I have this, it's very good!! Every car in the UK Winter will look trash after a few drives, these spray sealants look to form a barrier from the grime protecting the finish underneath and making the car easier to wash the next time. 

Between washing if passing, I tend pop to our local BP or Tesco buy time jet wash. Hand pump foam cannon the lower half and jet wash off the entire car. Looks 95% clean which suffice till the next 2 bucket wash. 

Edited by davey_83

11 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

I have this, it's very good!! Every car in the UK Winter will look trash after a few drives, these spray sealants look to form a barrier from the grime protecting the finish underneath and making the car easier to wash the next time. 

Between washing if passing, I tend pop to our local BP or Tesco buy time jet wash. Hand pump foam cannon the lower half and jet wash off the entire car. Looks 95% clean which suffice till the next 2 bucket wash. 

Much appreciated mate, I'll get on to it. 

I'm a big fan of Gyeon Can Coat - apply this once a year on a fully detailed car, and you can jet wash a lot of the muck off instead of doing a true 2 bucket clean.

You can't do much about the rainwater landing and sticking to the car, but you can make it easier to wash off.

19 hours ago, Umster said:

I'm a big fan of Gyeon Can Coat - apply this once a year on a fully detailed car, and you can jet wash a lot of the muck off instead of doing a true 2 bucket clean.

You can't do much about the rainwater landing and sticking to the car, but you can make it easier to wash off.

Not heard of that, I'll have a gander 👍

1 hour ago, Payco said:

I had my MR2 fully ceramic coated professionally but still use this on top. Very good stuff and popular with car detailers. 

AF722D97-8FE6-44E6-9B95-226C545710F1.jpeg

Nice motor! Yeah, if I could afford it I'd get full paint correction and ceramic coating but I definitely can't at the moment. I'll give the autoglym stuff a go for now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Any idea if I can still wax it or will it stop the ceramic coating sticking? 

14 hours ago, MONKEYSOCKS said:

Any idea if I can still wax it or will it stop the ceramic coating sticking? 

For a ceramic coating, you'll need to apply to clean, bare paint. Once the coating has cured, you can wax on top but by doing so you're basically wasting wax because it won't bond to the coating.

AG Ceramic Spray is more sealant than coating though. Ideally, apply it to bare paint and wax on top - it still won't bond particualrly well, but AG Ceramic Spray has poor durability for a ceramic itself so you'll need to top it up every couple of months - there are a good few waxes that will give better durability, in all honesty. If you wax on top of AG Cermic Spray regularly (probably needs fortnightly top ups at least) it should extend that a bit... maybe three or four weeks at a push.

Always wax on top of any sealant/coating, not under, for best results.

11 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

For a ceramic coating, you'll need to apply to clean, bare paint. Once the coating has cured, you can wax on top but by doing so you're basically wasting wax because it won't bond to the coating.

AG Ceramic Spray is more sealant than coating though. Ideally, apply it to bare paint and wax on top - it still won't bond particualrly well, but AG Ceramic Spray has poor durability for a ceramic itself so you'll need to top it up every couple of months - there are a good few waxes that will give better durability, in all honesty. If you wax on top of AG Cermic Spray regularly (probably needs fortnightly top ups at least) it should extend that a bit... maybe three or four weeks at a push.

Always wax on top of any sealant/coating, not under, for best results.

Cheers mate, haven't got a machine polisher so been waxing by hand every week (it's exhausting 😂) hopefully the ceramic spray will save me a bit of bother as well as still protecting the poor quality Nissan paintwork. 

I've been using Auto Finesse Aqua Coat for the last couple of years. I tend to spray it on to the rinsed and still wet panels every fourth wash. I'm sure there's better, but seems to give good results.

I might try the AG one for a change next time.