Any suggestions on what I can replace my 350z with?

Mark_2000194

Hi all,

After 7 years of owning my 350Z I have to find a replacement as I need a car that can have a baby seat.

I prefer older cars, so 2000s/early 2010s, price is a bit flexible probably around the £20k (I don't feel the need to spend lots of money on a car but also happy to spend on something I like).

Even though I have to get a more family friendly car I don't want something boring! Wondering if anyone has made the swap and looking for any recommendations?

Thanks for any suggestions!

• Like 1

You know you can put a child seat in a 350, right? But that won’t get you round needing to take the missus with you I know!

335i is a hoot and a step up whilst being practical, wouldn’t look past an A5 3.0tdi either. Personally I’d pick up a barge to go along with the 350, spend 8-10k on that which gives you the budget to run it for years. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Ekona said:

You know you can put a child seat in a 350, right? But that won’t get you round needing to take the missus with you I know!

I didn't think you could switch the passenger airbag off (if you cant switch it off its illegal and not to mention unsafe to have a child seat in the front)? if you can then I can re-evaluate, she has a car so can take that when we all need to go 😅

32 minutes ago, Ekona said:

335i is a hoot and a step up whilst being practical, wouldn’t look past an A5 3.0tdi either. Personally I’d pick up a barge to go along with the 350, spend 8-10k on that which gives you the budget to run it for years. 

Both good options, I have been considering an older RS5 as I have loved them since they were new, I find most BMWs a bit vanilla/soulless so not as keen on that one (personal preference, no offense to anyone that owns one).

Edited by Mark_2000194
  • Like 1

Can get a 4 seater hot hatch. Markets collapsed and dealers are on shrooms not lowering prices...many cars sitting since summer. 

I like the RS5 too...RS5 maintenance on the v8 version. Can't imagine it being cheap. Things tend to break on older Audis. Wouldn't touch a German without warranty personally. 

I'm defence of BMW I'd say the E46/E92 M3 and M5 V10/v8 along with the E30/39 etc were the last bimmers with character. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

I could’ve sworn there was a pax airbag switch on my old one, I apologise if I’ve got that wrong though as it’s been a while since I owned it! 

Having a couple of young ones of my own, I can safely say that having two cars (fun one plus a diesel barge) is infinitely more interesting than one compromise. If the kid is in the car you’re not driving fast any way so it doesn’t have to be dynamic, and then you have the option of enjoying your hobby when time permits. 

I had an F10 BMW 520D for 10 years. Got it new in 2012 and sold it last year when I bought my 370Z. 

Absolute tank of a machine. Only mechanical issues I had were left near side wheel bearing went twice and had to replace the rear spring on the right hand side. 

With the introduction of the LEZ’s in various cities try and get a Euro6 engine. 

6 hours ago, Mark_2000194 said:

I prefer older cars, so 2000s/early 2010s, price is a bit flexible probably around the £20k 

Even though I have to get a more family friendly car I don't want something boring! 

Where my money would be going in the same situation

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204574669342?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=9j77Q4DMQZq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=UVSJOLRJSwe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

Never driven any hot hatches but if I couldn't keep the Zed and needed a baby friendly car, I'd be looking Civic type R or a Focus RS.

I like them lairy so a conservative looking S3 or Golf GTI/ Golf R wouldn't float my boat.

• Like 1