Invidia Gemini Exhaust Reviews - Too Quiet?

Dom370z

Hi all,

I not long ago purchased my new 370z, which I am loving by the way...

However the only issue with the car, is for me, that its far far too quiet as standard.

I've been looking at aftermarket exhausts and I think the Invidia Gemini could be the one for me!

I'm looking for it to have a nice deep tone, but not too loud. I just want the car to sound the way it looks!

Reviews online mostly seem very positive but I have heard a few mention its very quiet, and afterall if you are going to spend £1,300 on an exhaust, you want it to sound like it!

If anyone that has one fitted with Stock cats, and could let me know their thoughts that'd be great!

Much appreciated!

I posted this back in February of this year, which was my review of the Invidia on my MK2 Nismo. It's definitely gotten louder with miles on the car. I've been told that from behind It's reasonably loud with an amazing tone so can only assume its not as clear in the cabin. I won't lie, I probably will be chaning it out at somepoint for something slightly more but time will tell. I would post the link to the thread but it did get ruined by certain members 

"So an update for those who are in a similar boat as me with a MK2 Nismo 

On Monday the Invidia Gemini that I ordered from Tarmac Sportz turned up, perfectly packaged and right on time. Today after work I decided to make use of the workshop and fit the exhaust myself, as why have a dog and bark yourself. I want to say a massive thank you to Bob and Chris at Tarmac sportz for first class service, information and options

I will say the Invidia Gemini was not my first choice, which was the ARK grip V2 however out of the box these do not fit MK2 nismo's and require welding to fit, which I couldn't bring myself to do on a £2100 pound system out the box. The welding and design on the invidia is gorgeous, and a credit to them.

Removing the old system was a breeze part due to a workshop full of tools and a relatively low mileage exhaust system. Total time for removal and fitting the Invidia was an hour and a half. Fitment is perfect in terms of not hitting the chassis or differential clearing sections including the lower chassis brace and the rear bumper.

It's not perfect cosmetically as due to the longer rear on the Nismos the tail pipes do sit shorter in the bumper then ideally liked, however I have been since able to realign them for a better fit. They are on the smaller side for Nismos so could ideally benefit from 5 inches tips in the future. Sound wise it's borderline perfect, with a deep rumble at cruising speed and a love tone under throttle. As others have said its everything the Nismo should have been from the factory. Personally, I'd have liked a touch louder so in the future I'll be looking to get the Y pipe baffles removed. 

Overall I'm very very happy considering the battle us Nismos owners have getting an exhaust. Hopefully with time it'll get a little louder"

20230225_121559.jpg

20230225_121619.jpg

20230225_121639.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dom370z said:

Thanks both, and yes I believe I have read your review already! If it is quiet is it worth buying is really my question? Is there a considerable difference from stock? Appreciate any thoughts!

On cold start, there is a considerable difference, it's a deep rumble with a lovely clear tone. When up to temperature and idling, I'd go as far to say its louder then OEM, but not by much. Under throttle you get that distinctive nissan sound, and I've been told from behind it sounds amazing, really compliments the style and looks of the car. 

Is it worth buying? Absolutely, the quality, the fitment, the brand Vs cost effectiveness are all major buying points. Is it going tickle that loud itch? Maybe not, but then I've passed the age of wanting obscenely loud exhausts

• Like 1

Or you can save money and just get resonated short tails...basically what the car sounds like without being muffled.....Resonated Short tails are perfect as I can go around in the City below 75 DB and avoid Noise cameras. But It can also be as loud as 110DB which can land a fine. It sounds great in the tunnels and on the motorway. People tend to speed up and move out of the way. Proper Sound insulation of the trunk area and arches are the only thing lacking with the Z. I got the GT so unfortunately i dont get the burbles and pops you get with the Nismo

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

I’ve got a Gemini on my mkII Nismo and it’s definitely loader than stock having put 1,000 or so miles on it. It’s at its loudest at 3k revs under load but no drone. Quiet enough on the motorway. I’m planning to add some sports cats next year and that will probably do me as I don’t want it too loud.

Good quality exhaust though and very happy with my purchase.

I would also add sound / volume is very subjective, so if you’re unsure, pop along to one of the arranged meets and I’m sure plenty of folks will happily fire up their car for you to hear.

Edited by Rhysos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Id get the Gemini if neighbours as prickly and sensitive.....On a quieter note just put the Stock Nismo exhaust on my GT and its a perfect fit. The noise is quieter than stock exhaust from that year. Lots of wheezing. I gave the neighbours a few revs. They can have their peace now. Was just a summer thing 😹 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update! This morning I just had my Invidia Gemini fitted and my god, it's perfect. Never smiled so much on a journey home! Thanks all for feedback above! I've definitely made the right choice for me so I'm absolutely delighted with it. Car is perfect now as the sound was the last piece of the puzzle!

• Like 5