Which tyre dressing?

H5

I haven't used tyre dressing for a few years since competing. And I stopped because I was fed up with every time I got home from a show it was always up the car!! :blush:

Now I am going to shows again, I should get some. Any recommendations?? And I will try and remember to wipe it off before setting off again! :)

I used to use Autoglym stuff and thought it was good. But it does flick up the side of the car a lot! Just wondering what has come out in the last few years - have tried none of them!

I've got Megs Hot Rims or whatever its called. Inherited it from a mate. Looks good and doesnt seem to have splattered anywhere, although it will rub off if you catch it.

hot shine mate :thumbs: hot rims is a wheel cleaner, i quite like Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel :thumbs:

Word of warning for all you tyre dressers, Got told yesterday that it can mess with the vulcanisation of the rubber and can make it come away from the tyre wall.

I dont think manufacturers recommend it. It was my step dad that told me, he was told by a tecnician from Dunlop.

It may just be the stuff the guys use at the hand car wash, but just thought I would add it anyway!

Unfortunaly the tyres dont have any protection on them Shire, so your putting stuff on them that drys hard, thus having the ability to pull and crack the rubber. Its also the heat of the rubber sitting under the tyre shine.. It does make sense if you think about it logicaly ;)

I would have thought though if the manufacturers had an issue they would have spoken to the likes of Mags and Autoglym and let them know the problem and they would have had to find a way round it.

As I say it could be the handcarwash people, that stuff is like tar and drys pretty solid...

I think you're right - its likely to be the handwash places and whatever concoction they put on the tyres.

If there were any problem with the likes of the sonus/autoglym/megs stuff, then I reckon there would have been a lawsuit, most likely in the US, long before now.

I think you're right - its likely to be the handwash places and whatever concoction they put on the tyres.

If there were any problem with the likes of the sonus/autoglym/megs stuff, then I reckon there would have been a lawsuit, most likely in the US, long before now.

+1 handwash places use something similar to tarmac :blush:

Having tried loads of different stuff there is a clear winner for me...

Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection Gel

I have found this will last much longer that other stuff, if at a show applied with a paintbrush gives an amazing shine. When cleaning a couple layers of this stuff and your tyres will shine for weeks. Give it around an hour after each coat before wiping the excess off (otherwise it just covers your arches)

Word of warning for all you tyre dressers, Got told yesterday that it can mess with the vulcanisation of the rubber and can make it come away from the tyre wall.

I dont think manufacturers recommend it. It was my step dad that told me, he was told by a technician from Dunlop.

It may just be the stuff the guys use at the hand car wash, but just thought I would add it anyway!

I'd say the later. For instance if you have new tyres put on a some shops they'll use disgusting silicone type formula, other just use total rubbish, which of course will shift and not stay put.

it doesn't last that long mark and centrifugal force makes it move away from the wheel, I've been using it for years without a problem

Ditto Gixx. ;)

I've been using the Turbo Wax Tire (tyre) Gel, for about 14-15 months now. Love the stuff to pieces. :D It's kept my tyres lovely and with definite deep dark sheen, without spinning off, no damage to the tyres and it doesn't creep, it lasts really well, even in super harsh Kiwi conditions, so the UK would be even better. You don't need much product, a little goes a long way, and the shine/sheen can be built up if you use a couple of coats/applications, which is fab for shows, ie if you need a gentle/natural sheen, or you want a more wet look depending what sort of show you're displaying at.

Given my Zed is a Sunset, it would be very obvious if I'd had any spin off, eeks like some other products I've used.

http://www.turbowax.com/prod/turbo-wax- ... 16-oz.html

http://www.turbowax.com/cat/tire-wheels/