Mar/2005 Built 2014 MODEL YEAR 350 ZED ?

Laurence C

Yeah you read that right !     05 registered UK 350Z  Track package 

FROM VIN NUMBER  3-2005 UK built 2014 MODEL YEAR !  Nine years ahead of when she was built ! Anybody know ? Anybody on here work for Nissan ?

BTW car is a real screwed around with off spec ODDBALL ! VIN is a real screwed about with ODDBALL !

Edit I said track package. Track package is low spec trim HIGH SPEC SUSPENSION BRAKES AND WHEELS. Low spec trim so all the money could be spent on suspension. This car AT THE VERY LEAST IS TRACK PACKAGE SUSPENSION. Aluminium bonnet, Leather full electric chairs and some toys Not all but some. Suspenision is what I only can describe as VERY WELL SET UP COMPETITION GRADE. Non Coilover non adjustable in any way, standard fitment. Bounce the front HARD you might as well try bounce a wall. rears,  JUST SLIGHTLT SOFTER. Ride is VERY firm  YET TOTALLY ROAD SPEED FRIENDLY.. Competition setups ARE NOT ROAD SPEED FRIENDLY ! On the road they QUITE LITERALLY  bounce the pee out of you. I do not want to put coilovers in this car I feel that would be detrimental over what she allready has.

Update ! Went to my very local Nissan parts department today. Receptionist asked what parts I was after ?  I told her I was not there for parts. But to ask a storeman the stupidist question they have ever been asked. She replied. They have heard them all. I said doubt it I HAVE A DOOZIE. Took a seat to wait. Very quickly a storeman arrived. I asked are you a Nissan parts man ?  He said I am. I replied good because I am here to ask the stupidst question you have ever been asked as I know it is DAY ONE at parts school. CAN YOU BREAK DOWN A NISSAN VIN NUMBER ?. He said Of course I can. Told him why I was asking off he went with the log book. About 10 min later he returend with a really baffled look and said. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THAT IS ! He asked Can I look at the car ? Took him out to the car showed him round.  Pointed out ALL THE INCONCISTENCIES I KNOW WITH THIS CAR, All the inconcistencies in the VIN. One BELTER in particular he said AGAIN I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THAT IS.. One OBVIOUS EXTERNALY CLEARLY VISIBLE INCONCISTENCY Which I only realised and checked this morning Internet in general search. And ALL 350Z ENGLISH SPEAKING FORUMS I COULD FIND WW, FORUM SEARCH IN ALL FOR THE SPECIFICS. TO FIND NOTHING !  I know FOR CERTAIN if I post this particular odity on here.I WILL BE TORN TO SHREDS AS TALKNG COMPLETE UTTER BOXXOCKS. I asked the storeman CAN YOU TELL ME THAT IS ANYTHING OTHER  ? THAN WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE ? He replied NO I CANT. THAT IS !  EXACTLY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE !  He said there are people out there who know far more than we do and I know from talking to you.. You have encountered them, THAT IS THE WIERDEST THING I HAVE SEEN ! I would not worry too much. That is a lovely car enjoy it. Nissans dealership records know this car from the VIN even down to the non original  registreration number it wears today. The deeper I delve into this car the stranger it gets. 

I ASK AGAIN ANYONE ON HERE WORK IN NISSAN ?         Only Nissan knows.

Edited by Laurence C

ME AGAIN ! Got a message from https://www.350z-uk.com/profile/8088-p15ul-t/ on this He asked me to send pics. I am no computer expert I tried to send by e-mail and PM FILES TOO LARGE ! I have no notion how to resize nor have I any intent of wanting to learn. NO IDEA WHAT CAN BE TOLD FROM PHOTOS ANYWAY as really only numbers and spec odball. BAR THE RED BENBROS which I failed to reveal. Out of focus in pics but there they are. Even now unsure and unhappy about doing it. WITH ANY LUCK HERE ARE THE REALLY BAD PICTURES. Car was filthy the day taken. So please dont be too hard on me. Car looks far better in reality. Tho showing her age as can be seen MUDGUARDS !

2R0A9483.JPG

2R0A9487.JPG

2R0A9486.JPG

2R0A9488.JPG

2R0A9489.JPG

2R0A9490.JPG

2R0A9491.JPG

2R0A9492.JPG

2R0A9493.JPG

2R0A9494.JPG

2R0A9495.JPG

2R0A9496.JPG

2R0A9497.JPG

2R0A9498.JPG

Edited by Laurence C

2 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Nice motor and what a story, however MOT history goes back to 2008 at 25400E miles. It has no current MOT sadly. 

THANK YOU !  The more I investigate the stranger she gets.   VERY SHORT MOT when purchaced recently. Seriously reduced the price. Only reason I have her!  ON DISSABILITY SKINT !  Last year due to a VERY VERY NEAR DEATH SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITION. I gathered up money to pay a funeral. THIS CAR WAS MY FUNERAL FUND !   An MOT date was booked  ASAP.  As it currently stands here in NI. !  EXTREMLY hard to get a close date. Mine is booked for 25th this month. Even police WELL AWARE OF CURRENT MOT SITUATION HERE. Yeah MOT that is ONE of the reasons I did not want to post pics. Present MOT situation here ?  Told even by police not to worry too much.PROVIDING IT IS BOOKED.

Edited by Laurence C

Log book states REGISTERED BY ORIGINAL KEEPER AS NEW 05. Everywhere on net I read even from the dealer BUILD DATE 3-2005. I only read the log book as I started investigating numbers. This car THO UNUNDERSEALED AS NEW UK CAR. MAJOR THROWOFF !   She does not know where Japan is even if handed a map Even the previous owners were convinced JMD origin. I FELL FOR IT TOO ! I know completly otherwise now. I have her only seven weeks BUT LEARNING FAST ! Storeman said yesterday You only have her seven weeks. Is this your first Nissan ?  Told him Never even owned a Datsun.

Edited by Laurence C

AT LAST A SENSIBLE ANSWER FROM A SENSIBLE PERSON. It is far too late to go into this properly. Will look in detail further tomorrow BUT THIS LOOKS FAR NEARER RIGHT than Nissans own internet decoder on Nissan Help THIS IS THE SPECIFIC REASON I WENT TO THE OFFICIAL DEALER TO FIND THE TRUTH To purely querie the info I find  FROM SEVERAL INTERNET SOURCES Independant VIN decoders come up with similar errors. WHAT THE HELL ? Anyway THANK YOU SO MUCH WILL LOOK INTO THIS FURTHER TOMORROW. As Abraham Lincoln once said. DO NOT BELIEVE EVERTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET. Well from Nissan anyway Thanks again, Still there is something hickey about this car. Why do standard interior parts not fit OR MUST BE CUT UP TO ALLOW IT Why never undersealed in the factory ?  Why can I not fit STOCK audio fitting parts ? Car details I do not really car. But what has been done and WHY ? All I wanted to do was put some sounds in. The info found on tinterweb the exact reason reason for ALL THE QUESTION MARKS ON HEADER I dearly wish to know which version she is. Because I can not pin her down as a particular one.

You need to calm down @Laurence C 

No one here is obliged to help you and anyone who does, doesn't deserve a full tears temper tantrum over their simply reply, regardless of where your Dad worked or how many global companies adopt your modifying techniques. If you can't read a VIN plate or get a sensible answer from Nissan, that's not anyone's fault on here.

• Thanks 1

• Stutopia changed the title to Mar/2005 Built 2014 MODEL YEAR 350 ZED ?
10 hours ago, Laurence C said:

AT LAST A SENSIBLE ANSWER FROM A SENSIBLE PERSON. It is far too late to go into this properly. Will look in detail further tomorrow BUT THIS LOOKS FAR NEARER RIGHT than Nissans own internet decoder on Nissan Help THIS IS THE SPECIFIC REASON I WENT TO THE OFFICIAL DEALER TO FIND THE TRUTH To purely querie the info I find  FROM SEVERAL INTERNET SOURCES Independant VIN decoders come up with similar errors. WHAT THE HELL ? Anyway THANK YOU SO MUCH WILL LOOK INTO THIS FURTHER TOMORROW. As Abraham Lincoln once said. DO NOT BELIEVE EVERTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET. Well from Nissan anyway Thanks again, Still there is something hickey about this car. Why do standard interior parts not fit OR MUST BE CUT UP TO ALLOW IT Why never undersealed in the factory ?  Why can I not fit STOCK audio fitting parts ? Car details I do not really car. But what has been done and WHY ? All I wanted to do was put some sounds in. The info found on tinterweb the exact reason reason for ALL THE QUESTION MARKS ON HEADER I dearly wish to know which version she is. Because I can not pin her down as a particular one.

Glad you've sorted it. Take this second VIN page I found, completely different order... Not sure if it's based on DE/DE Rev-Up/HR, model year or possibly manufacturing location?

You sure it isn't undersealed? I was under the impression that 350Z's were undersealed but it was a very thin and sparse coat. Pathetic attempt really for UK road conditions.

According to the Vcheck I did, there's been 8 previous owners. Who knows what's been messed around with and not done properly.

VIN: (not sure which model year this is for, found here)

vin_code.jpg

Edited by polaris

Sorry I APOLOGISE COMPLETLY a comment fom another user brought in A SERIOUS RED MIST.  I APOLOGISE TO HIM TOO. This is pretty much normal for me . All I am trying to do is get a Completly logial explanatination of why this car is  what it is. EVEN THE VIN NO which  is starting to look like INTERNET. BS. Not a car VIN NO error I checked SEVERAL VIN breakdown sites. Only one site came up pointing out a particular error WARNING this item in VIN is wrong COMPLETLY IMPOSSIBLE Which is exactly what I see. ONLY LAST NIGHT As all can see I was presented with a copy of VIN breakdown paper document. And thank you again to the party who posted it. THIS BREAKDOWN IS STARTING TO LOOK RIGHT conterary to EVERYTHING ELSE I FIND. Again SORRY

THE RED BENBROS ??? AHHH THE RED BENBROS ! I was even reluctant to post the pics BECAUSE IOF THE RED BENBROS. I am VERY AWARE any twit can paint any calper any colour they want.!  Putting on the Benbro name and logo to make it LOOK FACTORY thats a different story ! UNLESS YOU CAN GET BENBRO CALIPER DECALS ! Can you get Benbro caliper decals ?   I NOW KNOW YOU CAN EASILY !   But all credit to the guy who did it WELL DONE !    THAT IS A LOGICAL EXPLANATION. All I am looking for LOGICAL EXPLAINATIONS.. I went SPECIFICLY TO THE DEALERSHIP WANTING TO BE TOLD I WAS BREAKING DOWN THE VIN COMPLETY WRONG !  PARTS MAN WAS AS BAFFLED AS I WAS. WHY ? If I could find someone localy who could IN FULL KNOWLEDE Go through this car with me to explain what version this car is. That item is that way BECAUSE !. I WOULD ADORE SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOWS TO GO THROUGH THIS CAR WITH ME. This center dash inner has me totally thrown THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Big rough cut hole cut in even that to allow stock dash parts to fit into it THIS. CRUDELY CUT HOLE WHY ? Standard dash centre bits need cutting up to allow fitment.

Edited by Laurence C

2 hours ago, Eddie_r32 said:

my opinion is its just a modified car, with a cut up interior, without any pics no one can comment on that though

Oh i understand that BUT WHAT IS A LOGICAL REASON TO DO THAT ? To the point a head unit is ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIT. I am no stranger to cutting up structures behind a dashboard  TO FIT AN ITEM I WANT. HOWEVER IT WILL BE OBVIOUS WHY I DID IT. Every single modification I have seen or ever done WHICH I HAVE MOUNTAIN LOADS ON ALL TYPES OF MACHINERY. It will be OBVIOUS why done, Even some SERIOUS mains voltage electrical modifications done by me. And In NO WAY am I an electrician. ON OCCASIONS I HAVE PUT QUALIFIED ELECTRICIANS RIGHT !  I have a page on Facebook A DEDICATED page to a WELL KNOWN BRAND of VINTAGE machirery I post images of items and units MODIFED USING MODERN COMPONENTS. Some even REGULAR visitors to my page TOTALLY HATE THIS. They fully understand what was done and EXACTLY why. I have Youtube videos of same brand VINTAGE equipment Controled completly by TOTALLY modern computor & electronics. Everyone understands why its done. Even the purists. This center inner dash I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. I do understand THE HORRIFIC AMOUNT OF WORK NEEDED TO PUT IT RIGHT.. I WILL work around it I have already bought and modified an Android head unit to make it fit and LOOK AS IF IT IS MEANT TO BE THERE WHICH BOTH IT DOES. Issue is it can still be easily removed and fitted to another vehicle. BUT ONLY ANOTHER 350 ZED. Please FEEL FREE to point me in the right direction at any time. I WELCOME IT.. BUT PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THIS WAS DONE JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT.

Edited by Laurence C

8 hours ago, polaris said:

Glad you've sorted it. Take this second VIN page I found, completely different order... Not sure if it's based on DE/DE Rev-Up/HR, model year or possibly manufacturing location?

You sure it isn't undersealed? I was under the impression that 350Z's were undersealed but it was a very thin and sparse coat. Pathetic attempt really for UK road conditions.

According to the Vcheck I did, there's been 8 previous owners. Who knows what's been messed around with and not done properly.

vin_code.jpg

Definitly from what I see not undersealed as new. told only done by an owner. I have inspected under this car I see for sure what I recognise as Waxoil underseal only NOTHING UNDER IT Confirmed by little awkwared areas he missed. EVEN THE SUMP Is undersealed in it  ! Whether this a Good Idea Bad idea I HAVE NO NOTION.   I did read somewhere tho 350 sumps tend to rot. IS THIS TRUE / NOT TRUE ?   I DO NOT KNOW just that I did read it, Fiat UNO SUM)PS ROT ! ZEDS ?  No idea. I have welded under many many cars and trucks over the years DID NISSAN EVEN USE WAXIOL ? Certainly not from my memory. SOOO LONG AGO THAT COULD BE A MEMORY PROBLEM !

54 minutes ago, Eddie_r32 said:

Speak to previous owner? No one here can tell you why something was done especially without pictures of what has been done.

Hi again Please dont think my last reply was having a go at you I wasnt. Yeah previous owners ? ALL EIGHT ? None in log book. ALL BAR LAST ONE ON MAINLAND UK. Last owner I know pretty certainly knows only what he was told. EVEN THO A LOT OF IT TURNED OUT TO BE NONSENCE.   If it was any way possibly easy to speak to one who knows more. I CERTAINLY WOULD !   As for taking it out just to take pictures ? NO THANKS . It is staying in there till I need it out again

9 hours ago, polaris said:

OHHH BOY YOU ARE GOOD. You have hit the nail right on the head with that ! NISSANS VIN ID SYSTEM HAS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS. Put a older system car into a modern VIN ID system  IT WILL COME UP WITH BOXXXKS. This is why main dealer came up with exactly the same TOTAL CARP I DID.

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH

• Like 1