Boxster/Cayman 981s or 987.2 next step, Life after Z

GranTurismoEra

Yeah that's nice, as soon as it landed I'd swap out that steering wheel for the sport one and add some minimal ambient lighting. 

I think these 991 gen have bottomed out in the 40s for now. Looks like it's missing the exhaust button. On the Caymans it's just pops and bangs and a tiny bit more volume. I couldn't tell the difference aside from that. 

Speaking of preferences 😉

@The Bounty Bar KidJessica Lawrence nah once you've seen it, you've seen it all.

Now since the 370Z is a poor man's 599. How about an actual 599 converted to gaited manual. "Gimme me numbers". 😎. Apparently they were available to order in manual but people mostly ordered flappy paddles. Only 30 or so were bought and all GTBs apparently. Manual command 5 times the price. Can be converted and sold at profit...

Anywho back to my financial lane! 

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-spottedykywt/manual-converted-ferrari-599-for-sale/48028

On 07/01/2024 at 21:49, GranTurismoEra said:

Someone said it on here. I thought it was funny tbh

Quote found 

Edited by davey_83
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Quote found 

Okay I will assume i said it first for now. But im sure someone else said it first lol..maybe im losing marbles...remember this site had some changes made. So not sure if it affected search facilities lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol £2300 for insurance on F type. When I paid £900 on the Z. It's falling under JLR Range Rover. One of the most stolen in London. Z is still around same price so are Caymans except GTS and above lol. 

Old GTRs are also coming up the similar to Cayman S and cheaper the 718 GTS.

Nissan Z - £866

Porsche Cayman 981 S - £900

Cayman S 718 - £950

GTR - £1000

Cayman GTS - £1400

F Type V8 - £2300

15 years license 14 years no claims no points...38 yo based on London. It is what it is. GTR usually fit in group 50 insurance but 50 has a lot of sub categories. Only thing I can think of is JLR thefts and value combined..

Edited by GranTurismoEra

34 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

😳 that's some high price's I am only paying £400 for my Nismo 

I live in a high risk area where cars and catalysts get stolen like Hyundais, Ranges, Priuses and Golfs. Fortunately no one's looking at the JDMs unless they're R3* or Supras 💀

Accidents are common too. Traveller gangs. They catch them send them to the hotel for 6 years then the gang leader replaces them with new members...all the way from north London to Hampshire it's the same gang...also near A40/M40........BBC documentary said it's an endless cycle. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Sad 1

42yo, licence for 24 years. 14 years no claims bonus. 0 points. 9000 miles a year.

981 Cayman S - £614

When I was looking around for what car to buy, I did look at some of those cars and it was definitely cheaper than those prices, even if I took into account the price increases from last year to this year.

I live just outside London. Location can be a dream car killer etc.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid
  • Like 1

I added a few can dream cars on there. Can't believe the 4 banger Emira will cost around the same as the V6. Lol... 

Nissan Z - £866

Porsche Cayman 981 S - £900

Cayman S 718 - £950

GTR - £1000

Alpine A110 - £1117

Cayman GTS - £1400

Lotus Emira - £1500

GTR Facelift - £2200

F Type V8 - £2300

Edited by GranTurismoEra

1 hour ago, Eddie_r32 said:

My mate is about to sell his r8, re performance have said it's one of the best early r8s they have seen and it's you tube famous...

The thing about them is when they go wrong its nothing less than a couple of grand. Warranty wont cover everything especially with the age. Brakes are around £2400.....but its a nice car for the summer. Wouldn't keep it long term lol...

Probably level on maintenance costs vs GTR. I want the F Type but i dont fancy paying those rates for insurance lol...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...