New Battery Time

Loadmaster

I think that this first cold snap of the winter will pretty much kill off the Z's battery. Lack of use recently doesn't help, but it is the original one from new so it's five years old which isn't too bad.

Just one question from me then - when removing it will I lose any settings in the car, or potentially mess something else up?

Oh, and any good battery recommendations appreciated!

Cheers..... 

22 hours ago, Ekona said:

Five years! Blimey, the one in my mx5 is 15 years and still going strong! 😂 

Test it, if it’s fine then leave it alone. Halfords will do it for free, if you’re really stuck for a place to go. 

It could be better, I know. It did start fine yesterday, although in a rather lethargic manner, but I'm getting a CTEK charger (which is handy to have anyway) to hopefully get it back on track.

In all honesty, the battery will probably be fine one the freezing weather gives up this weekend and I give the car a run for half an hour or so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good job on the purchase of a charge / conditioner. I regularly leave mine on for weeks at a time as the Nismo gets very little use, and I went out and bought the wired plugs so now all the family cars are connected meaning if any show signs of getting low, they get plugged straight in! You'll find it will pay for itself very quickly 

• Like 1