A rough Value of my 350z

Keastey94

Hi all

I'm just curious of how much my 350 would roughly go for as I'm going to sell it soon. 

The spec is:

2007 Nissan 350z HR

79k miles

Full service history

MOT until December 

Engine mods:

Full exhaust system (dc ceramic sports manifolds, motordyne art pipes and motordyne shock wave tdx2 cat back

Stillen g3 ultralong intakes

Z1 ported upper plenum

Tomei poncams

Tuned by horsham developments (343bhp with dyno printout)

Jim wolf technology flywheel & clutch

Stillen short shifter 

Suspension mods:

Yellowspeed dynamic sport coilovers

Whiteline essential bush kit

Whiteline front and rear sway bars

Cosmetic:

Advan racing tc3s wrapped in yokohama od808rs. 

Chargespeed carbon fiber rear spats. 

Vicrez side splitters

Carbonsignal carbon fiber ducktail spoiler.

Nardi steering wheel. 

Cf fabrication rear roll bar.

Only bad bit is slight crunch when changing into 6th gear

Any feedback would be great! Cheers! 

IMG_20210222_192516.jpg

IMG_20200330_161113.jpg

IMG_20200323_160211.jpg

IMG_20200118_140515.jpg

IMG_20191019_162720.jpg

IMG_20191019_162613.jpg

IMG_20220421_202212.jpg

IMG_20220421_202227.jpg

Edited by Keastey94
  • Like 1

Yeah Paul that has been on my mind as I think they might be a bit of a waste just left on there and I have not really seen any for sale. Plus I did get a set of 4 standard rays that came with the car so could stick them on 😂

Yeah to be fair Azurez I have seen a few for sale that been past 10k. I dont know if there's been a slight increase in price for them. I might dabble up in that price range just to see if I get any luck. It won't hurt trying ay. 

One thing that really helps HRs achieve good money is whether the owner can answer if repair has been done, that being the gallery gaskets and clutch slave cylinder. 

Both are weak spots on HRs which can incur large repair bills and two areas I'd be quizzing the seller on. IMO, without these done around 8K. With these done, solid 10.5 grand is what I would put that up for

What tends to hit the value of heavily modded cars is a mix of:

• Has it been done properly or have short cuts been taken
  • I didn't do it myself so don't know what issues have come up as the car was modded
  • Insurance costs
  • Cosmetic mods often reduce your potential buying audience making it less sought after and harder to sell
  • Future potential value where unmodded cars are generally more sought after

When modding a car you have to go in eyes wide open that every penny you spend is likely to never come back - unless you set back to standard and sell parts used. 

All that said, I had a reasonably modified 350z years ago and was told I would never sell it at the premium price I put it up for, I sold it within a couple of weeks at the asking price. I think I was quite lucky in that respect and wouldn't say thats the norm!

If you have the time, price it a little above the going rate for an unmodded one and try your luck. If nothing bites, drop some value off or offer up some sort of deal i.e. buy it cheaper but you dont get the easy to replace value items like wheels/intake etc. just pick up some standard items cheap off ebay and sell wheels etc separately.

My tuppence worth. Very nice zed modded to your own taste. Don’t expect mods to add value as I well know. People will price the car on standard spec plus maybe a little more but not even 20% of the cost of your mods will you see in added value. It’s worth what anyone will pay as quoted. I would either strip it back to stock and try and make some money on your modded parts or try and sell on pistonheads or auto trader where the uneducated punter may pay you more based on the cars looks as it looks like a much higher price car than it’s true value. GLWTS. 

Edited by Payco

10 hours ago, Olly350z said:

One thing that really helps HRs achieve good money is whether the owner can answer if repair has been done, that being the gallery gaskets and clutch slave cylinder. 

Both are weak spots on HRs which can incur large repair bills and two areas I'd be quizzing the seller on. IMO, without these done around 8K. With these done, solid 10.5 grand is what I would put that up for

Yeah I had the gallery gaskets done by horsham and zspeed slave cylinder when the clutch was installed. 

In that case I'd go 10.5 and not really be prepared to move too much unless the deal benefited you in some way. 

I'd also be looking to refit a standard exhaust system and sell the motor dyne separately as that's where you'll really make your money back. Only real Nissan / 350z enthusiasts will appreciate just how special that exhaust is 

8 hours ago, coldel said:

What tends to hit the value of heavily modded cars is a mix of:

• Has it been done properly or have short cuts been taken
  • I didn't do it myself so don't know what issues have come up as the car was modded
  • Insurance costs
  • Cosmetic mods often reduce your potential buying audience making it less sought after and harder to sell
  • Future potential value where unmodded cars are generally more sought after

When modding a car you have to go in eyes wide open that every penny you spend is likely to never come back - unless you set back to standard and sell parts used. 

All that said, I had a reasonably modified 350z years ago and was told I would never sell it at the premium price I put it up for, I sold it within a couple of weeks at the asking price. I think I was quite lucky in that respect and wouldn't say thats the norm!

If you have the time, price it a little above the going rate for an unmodded one and try your luck. If nothing bites, drop some value off or offer up some sort of deal i.e. buy it cheaper but you dont get the easy to replace value items like wheels/intake etc. just pick up some standard items cheap off ebay and sell wheels etc separately.

Thanks for that info! Yeah it's just the lack of time on my hands is the problem at the moment. I could sell the wheels separately and maybe some cosmetic bits. 

23 minutes ago, Olly350z said:

In that case I'd go 10.5 and not really be prepared to move too much unless the deal benefited you in some way. 

I'd also be looking to refit a standard exhaust system and sell the motor dyne separately as that's where you'll really make your money back. Only real Nissan / 350z enthusiasts will appreciate just how special that exhaust is 

Yeah the exhaust truly is a one of a kind! Thing is cause its tuned, Won't it run bad if I put standard one back on? 

On 22/04/2022 at 19:36, Keastey94 said:

Yeah the exhaust truly is a one of a kind! Thing is cause its tuned, Won't it run bad if I put standard one back on? 

Depends what you replace it with, in reality yes it would potentially change the running slightly but ultimately would just equate to loss in power? the cars always going to try and get the perfect stiociometric ratio for a/f, can’t see it would cause a dreadful issue