2.0 Supra arrives in UK but....

GranTurismoEra

Nice option but needs to start at £35,000, as you allude to.

Believe £35k is still higher than the GR Yaris, if Toyota were worried about competition with that. Although I'm not sure somebody in the market for a coupe is looking at tiny hatchbacks?

lol depends on how wide the net is when searching. The seating position in the Yaris is said to be off putting. Its not like an EP3 where you can sit on the lean. Its similar to the old clio 

Still pricey. Better off going Supercharged on the Nismo than buying a Supra or GTR. 

Cost to buy used Nismo 370 - £20000

Top Supercharger - £8000

Supporting breather mods -£2000?

Big Brake kit - £2500

Coilovers? - £800

Roughly Same price as a circuit GR Yaris

Still cheaper than a new 2 litre Supra at £45,000

Imagine i get a 60 plate 370gt instead ill need to upgrade suspension anyway still cheaper than a new car.

Different strokes. I guess you save on petrol with the Yaris. Not much when flooring it everywhere. I bet its still 28 mpg after caning it

Also is it better to get an 86 and Charge that to 300hp instead of a 2 liter Supra?! I heard some stories about bottom ends 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

6 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

lol depends on how wide the net is when searching. The seating position in the Yaris is said to be off putting. Its not like an EP3 where you can sit on the lean. Its similar to the old clio 

Still pricey. Better off going Supercharged on the Nismo than buying a Supra or GTR. 

Cost to buy used Nismo 370 - £20000

Top Supercharger - £8000

Supporting breather mods -£2000?

Big Brake kit - £2500

Coilovers? - £800

Roughly Same price as a circuit GR Yaris

Still cheaper than a new 2 litre Supra at £45,000

Imagine i get a 60 plate 370gt instead ill need to upgrade suspension anyway still cheaper than a new car.

Different strokes. I guess you save on petrol with the Yaris. Not much when flooring it everywhere. I bet its still 28 mpg after caning it

Also is it better to get an 86 and Charge that to 300hp instead of a 2 liter Supra?! I heard some stories about bottom ends 

Nice.

Seems you work on the same man maths page as me with my Z!

• Haha 1

Top man maths...

Personally Yaris not for me - I'd rather a RWD coupe. So I'm with you on the Z used route.

Try getting a used Supra for near Z money...!

The 2.0 Supra uses the lower spec B48 engine, in it's highest tune of 255bhp btw. BMW recently introduced a new version with forged crank in the new 135i for 306hp or so I think it is. The older spec which tops out at 255 stock is supposedly only good for around 300 tops before reliability problems occur. Meaning a second hand Z, with worst case around 450hp potential from a DE block makes sense.

Why the hell are we discussing a Yaris in the same thread as a Supra? Might was well compare one to a Fiesta ST if we’re playing ultimate silliness. 

No one who is looking at a Supra/Z4 is going to want a Yaris. No one. 

6 hours ago, Ekona said:

Why the hell are we discussing a Yaris in the same thread as a Supra? Might was well compare one to a Fiesta ST if we’re playing ultimate silliness. 

I agree. But you just know people at Toyota are comparing them :bangin:

If they can get you in the GR Yaris for £360 pm or the supra for £500 a month but the Yaris is quicker and you also track your cars? The kicker is you were in the market for the Supra but after testing the Yaris...

Shouldn't compare but pandemic has tightened the funds and there will be people (not many) who would go for the Yaris over the Supra. Its a useable daily that can be tracked

On 12/01/2021 at 15:21, Ekona said:

Now you have joined the discussion about the yaris