Interior space

Leeroy

Hi, I'm new to the forum as I'm considering (strongly!) a 350Z as my next car.

I'm hoping to look at some soon but have a quick question of any drivers over 6 foot. How much room is in there? A TT fitted me, how do they compare sizewise? I really hope I fit :lol:

I'm looking for a Coupe BTW ;)

Cool, thanks all, we'll see how I go.

Is there anything to hold out for in particular regarding specs of the car?

It looks like I'll be wanting the GT model, not really fussed whether it's an import or not - is there any reason why I should be? I know there a lot of happy import owners out there. Be nice to have Brembo's etc though. And leather.

I'm probably looking at an '04 model, maybe '05. Are there any spec changes to be aware of?

The new 07MY engine looks a belter, shouldn't think a lack of power at higher revs is really a problem on the road anyway is it?

Cheers :thumbs:

I'm 6'3" and have no problems, the bottom of the steering wheel is a bit close to my legs, but nowhere near as close as my last car.

If you're really thinking it's tight, a non-GT (without electric seats) may be better as I hear that the seats are lower overall - giving a bit more space.

I'm 6'3" and have no problems, the bottom of the steering wheel is a bit close to my legs, but nowhere near as close as my last car.

If you're really thinking it's tight, a non-GT (without electric seats) may be better as I hear that the seats are lower overall - giving a bit more space.

But the steering is adjustable for height. That said I'm 6' 2" and I find the driving position spot on - you just feel so at one with this car on the move - just wish they had put the TC button in a more friendly position ;)

Im 6 ft 3 and as previously stated it is fine!

Its actually really quite a big car, plenty of leg room for peter crouch in the passenger side too.

I'm pretty certain my steering wheel doesnt adjust, unless I just havent found out how to do it yet?!?!

• 1 month later...

I had a test fit for a Z at the weekend and am gutted to say I don't fit :angry:

Knees up around the steering wheel (didn't check reach/rake though, thinking about it) and head just and inch off the headlining.

So I need to seek an alternative steer, so disappointed.

Thanks for the friendly welcome though :thumbs:

Enjoy your Zed's you lucky lot......

How tall are you????

Im 6'3'' and i had loads of space, i changed the sterring height, set up the seat and everything was perfect. In fact, i would say it was the best driving position i have ever had in a car.

I'm 6'7" so I have this problem a lot.

The headroom was the real problem, but having re-read this thread the non-electric seats may be worth trying. The cars I sat in were a GT and a non-GT with electric seats.

I'm 6'7" so I have this problem a lot.

The headroom was the real problem, but having re-read this thread the non-electric seats may be worth trying. The cars I sat in were a GT and a non-GT with electric seats.

ahh that will explain it. I did not have a GT and with manual seats, i didnt think the standard came with electric seats anyway?

I'm sure the car was a non-GT, well thats what the Nissan Dealer salesman said, whatever that's worth :):lol: It didn't have sat-nav.

Does the standard car have a denomination, isn't it ST or something?

Having taken a closer look and test fit yesterday I have to say I was quite impressed with the interior.

Does the 'wheel adjust for reach and rake?

Cheers B)

Yeah, I'm 6'3" and there's plenty of room but the seat is a little high in the GT