How often do you clean your Z?!!!!

shire350Z

I'm with the obsessive compulsive Zed washing disorder team! :blush:

Wash every weekend if time and weather permits - wax about every 4 weeks! Give it a proper going over though!

Wash and wax mine every weekend. Gets the whole shabang every 2-3 weeks. Used a Electric polisher this weekend that i got from Aldi came up trumps though. Bargain for £13.

Aha! I was thinking about getting one of those also - so you recon its ok? But I thought it weighed a tonne when I picked one up?

Do you know if the pad sizes are a standard size - i.e where do you get more once those are used up? (sorry questions questions)

Zed is ex demo-dark paint -swirl city!

Van needs the side panels buffing (ooer missus) to remove previous owners company name? Anyone done this before ? Elbow is greased out and T- cut is not really working well :surrender:

I'm with the obsessive compulsive Zed washing disorder team! :blush:

Wash every weekend if time and weather permits - wax about every 4 weeks! Give it a proper going over though!

Wash and wax mine every weekend. Gets the whole shabang every 2-3 weeks. Used a Electric polisher this weekend that i got from Aldi came up trumps though. Bargain for £13.

Aha! I was thinking about getting one of those also - so you recon its ok? But I thought it weighed a tonne when I picked one up?

Do you know if the pad sizes are a standard size - i.e where do you get more once those are used up? (sorry questions questions)

Its the first time ive used one, i know what you mean about the weight but it didnt seem that heavy while i was using it, you dont need to put any pressure on it, just help it glide over the panels. I only used it to apply my paint cleaner and polish, i still took the products off with a micro fibre and applied my p21s with the applicator you get with it. To be honest it did that good of a job i found it harder to get the product off with the microfibre. Took alot more rubbing anyway.

Not sure on the pad sizes, as i said its the first one ive used. They are about 8-10" wide once stretched over the polisher, i think there about average size and you can order more from the card thats in the box or from the website. I'll probably look elsewhere if they try to charge you an arm and a leg. The polisher is pretty much identical to the one halfords do, and the halfords one got great reviews however the Aldi one is over half the price. Try it if you dont like it send it back. Aldi have a no quarm 30day policy ;)

It did that good of a job i dont think i'll need to polisgh it again for a few months where before i probably would have done it every 3 week. I'll jutst use it now to take my wax off or something until i think its time to polish it again. certainly makes things easier.

Applyig the t-cut with the polisher may also help.

I dont know much about polishers so please dont take my word as gospel :blush: all i know is that my car really did come up trumps. Much better than i could have done by hand..

Its the first time ive used one, i know what you mean about the weight but it didnt seem that heavy while i was using it, you dont need to put any pressure on it, just help it glide over the panels. I only used it to apply my paint cleaner and polish, i still took the products off with a micro fibre and applied my p21s with the applicator you get with it. To be honest it did that good of a job i found it harder to get the product off with the microfibre. Took alot more rubbing anyway.

Not sure on the pad sizes, as i said its the first one ive used. They are about 8-10" wide once stretched over the polisher, i think there about average size and you can order more from the card thats in the box or from the website. I'll probably look elsewhere if they try to charge you an arm and a leg. The polisher is pretty much identical to the one halfords do, and the halfords one got great reviews however the Aldi one is over half the price. Try it if you dont like it send it back. Aldi have a no quarm 30day policy

It did that good of a job i dont think i'll need to polisgh it again for a few months where before i probably would have done it every 3 week. I'll jutst use it now to take my wax off or something until i think its time to polish it again. certainly makes things easier.

Applying the t-cut with the polisher may also help.

I dont know much about polishers so please dont take my word as gospel all i know is that my car really did come up trumps. Much better than i could have done by hand..

Thanks for the info - think I will get one -I know what you mean about the halfords one - Woolies sell probably the same one for £17!! You just know they are made in the same Chinese factory! :wacko:

I will test it on the van I think first - there is acres of white panel to sort I spent 30 mins doing just one with T cut and a rag - and hardly any better so I think I will be spending £13 tomorrow! Cheers :thumbs:

I normally try to get a wash in once a week, then a couple of coats of Zaino every 4-6 weeks.

But recently I've got up early to get out and wash the car but thought, to hell with it - I'm going to drive it instead. Then went for a 5 hour drive over into Wales and come back feeling much happier than if I'd just cleaned the Zed. :teeth:

I wish I could trust someone else to wash it, I'm determined to keep the swirl marks to a minimum! ;)

Sorry guys, I have a life. It gets cleaned when I have the opportunity and I have never have 5 hours to spare. :p

We know, you have a busy forum to moderate. :p:p:lol:

Mine gets a wash every week, wax every 2-4 weeks and full going over maybe twice a year, if you do it right and keep it right you shouldnt need to polish more than every 6 months :thumbs:

Well that kinds of depends on the area you live in, the condition of the roads, the weather, how many shows you display at which means pristine clean. :);)

Mine gets a wash every week, wax every 2-4 weeks and full going over maybe twice a year, if you do it right and keep it right you shouldnt need to polish more than every 6 months :thumbs:

Well that kinds of depends on the area you live in, the condition of the roads, the weather, how many shows you display at which means pristine clean. :);)

Well a show car is a bit different ;) If I was showing mine, I would probably still keep to the same routine, I'd just drive it less to keep it cleaner :lol:

For first 18 months washed it about once every 10 days on average and waxed every 3 months or so. Since baby arrived hardly have any time to myself at weekends so now gets washed every coulple of months and waxed probably once a year... very depressing - looking after the car ( as opposed to driving it ) was a fair bit of the fun of owning it... thank god I went for gunmetal so the dirt is hidden best...

Thanks for the info - think I will get one -I know what you mean about the halfords one - Woolies sell probably the same one for £17!! You just know they are made in the same Chinese factory! :wacko:

I will test it on the van I think first - there is acres of white panel to sort I spent 30 mins doing just one with T cut and a rag - and hardly any better so I think I will be spending £13 tomorrow! Cheers :thumbs:

Did you get one for your birthday ;):lol:

Well ive just ordered another 2 sets of pads from the website. £8.50 delivered.. :thumbs:

I tried it on my sisters van and it dirtied the first pad i tried within a minute it was soo bad. You may have to do your van in stages if its anything like my sisters. Her bonnet looks great now though :lol:

Well a show car is a bit different ;) If I was showing mine, I would probably still keep to the same routine, I'd just drive it less to keep it cleaner :lol:

:lol: It's not a show car, it just goes to a fair number of shows & wins the odd award to 3. ;):D Although once again did take pride when a guy looking at the Zed yesterday, thought it was new coz it's super shiny. :teeth: