Hi.. Again

Hi guys, 

Thought I better post here again.. It seems I joined in 3017 when I first got my Z but then I got so tangled up browsing for fixes I've literally never been back on and logged in until today! For shame! 

Anyhoo.. Turns out they guys I bought my Z from were not the most honest.. They filled her up with some rather thick oil to stop the smoke cloud on startup and sold her to me in full working order.. 

Obviously after I serviced it.. Death cloud! 

I should point  out.. I'm new to 350zs or at least I was.. And it already had a catch can fitted. My assumption then brought me to valve stem seals.. So I took it off the road, waited for a few (8) months until I had the time to take her to bits.. Then realised the catch can had been fitted the wrong way round and the plenum was sucking the oil from the bottom of the can. 

That put right, I took it for a test run and filled the catch can in 30miles!... Did some fore research and had a chat with my mechanic friend and we decided the best way forward was to drill out the Pcv, blank off the plenum and stick a breather filter on the other side of the catch can.  This seems to have sorted the problem but please tell me if anyone has any additional info I might have missed. 

After that I've spent a small fortune fixing the other bugs.. Corroded badges, rear tailgate lifters, rear tailgate springs/poppers, window motors, scratched trim etc. 

Anyway.. Hi again, now I've got her back on the road and I'm looking to do some small but fun alterations I should be alot more active. Thanks! 

12 hours ago, Demoz said:

It seems I joined in 3017 when I first got my Z but then I got so tangled up browsing for fixes I've literally never been back on and logged in until today! For shame! 

So you're from the future then?! :scare: 

Please PM me next weekends Lotto numbers as I could really do with a nice cash windfall. :D :lol: 

Welcome back on board. :thumbs: