Vectras rule

xStric9x

Just on my way back from the shop when a vectra came hurtling behind me, at first i thought...police but no there where 2 young lads in it.

The road is quite a narrow country lane with a narrow footpath running along side it. so with him flashing his lights and smiling i thought mmm time to play.

He tryed to match me corner to corner and the outcome was'nt pleasant, i took a sharp bend and he did'nt :headhurt:

He hit the pavement with his passenger side wheel and pushed it back into the arch :scare:

Obviously i stopped, and when i asked him what he was trying to do he replied in his broken english "I think the two cars have the same speed and mine has been lowered, your car is very quick i did'nt realize"

I tryed to explain that there were a lot of differences between a 2.5 v6 vectra and a 3.5 v6 350z.

Ah well hope he learnt a lesson today that a vectra is not as quick and agile as a z :wacko:

Sounds like you and they were lucky Mike. Its nice to be able to run away ;)

Tbh Martin the z took the corner with ease, but in the back of my mind i knew he was going to struggle. I don't think he is going to be driving that for a while, i left him on his phone to his mate but god only knows how he was going to move it.

I'm still laughing at the comments he came out with :headhurt:

Guessing he is on the net finding out the z specs as we speak :lol:

I know I have only just joined and I will probably get flamed for this. But be very careful doing stuff like this. If they had been seriously injured and or died YOU could be looking at a lengthy prison sentence. The police would deem it as racing on the public highway. :scare:

It always worrys me that you coud be out for a spirited drive and some loon tries to keep up and stacks it.

Anyway. Hi everybody :thumbs:

I know I have only just joined and I will probably get flamed for this. But be very careful doing stuff like this. If they had been seriously injured and or died YOU could be looking at a lengthy prison sentence. The police would deem it as racing on the public highway. :scare:

It always worrys me that you coud be out for a spirited drive and some loon tries to keep up and stacks it.

:welcome: and you are right, but everyone has a spirited race now and then, i did a few times on my nice circular driveway with a guy and his girlfriend in an SLK, needless to say, it was fun and no one was hurt, but there comes a time when you know you need to back off. His girlfriend did give me a wink when i went side by side though ;)

only if they could catch you :drive1;)

I've had my Vectra for a week now & its crap. Its easily the worst car I have ever had.

Its slower than my old Primera, its not as comfortable & it handles nowhere near as well. Cant wait for 2years time so I get another car :blush:

I'd plead ignorance and say I didnt realise they were trying to race me. I mean a Zed vs a Vectra?! I would hope the judge would see your point ;)