Brexit again

Jetpilot

11 minutes ago, Maggz said:

Context is needed here. 

LePen is a leader of a hard right, racist party, which she is trying desperately to show as a moderate one. Google about her dad, who started it. She's been funded by Russia for years, not even a secret. Any party which wants to break up the union gets money from Ruskies.

Italy and their 5 star movement is even worse, but I really don't want to suffocate everyone with my walls of text, it would need to be a totally separate thread, although I did mention Italy in a lengthy post. Those two should in my honest opinion not be used as any indication of European countries, as they represent a very small minority of pi**ed off right wing, anti immigration, EU fund guzzling communities/parties.

Poland tho, is a mistery to me as they're split heavily internally between people wanting their president to become an autocrat and those that want him hanged. Same in Hungary with Orban.

I agree about context, so that isnt the whole continent scratching their heads trying to understand the leave vote as you said earlier, its funny how so many times in this country we are chastised for not listening, condemning or ignoring minorities but when it comes to a minority people dont agree with, it is dulled down and insignificant, listen to the minority banging on in this thread, you cant have it both ways!

It is early days with uprisings against the eu establishment and the uk has been the first to pull the pin, i would bet my left nut once we are finally done (whichever way that may be except revoking article 50) you will see a momentum from those minorities who want their voice heard about their contempt for the Eu.

Sooooo happy we're leaving the bastards from EU, I mean who wants cheaper car parts from Japan?! We will have so much better deal with Japan, they'll beg us to trade with them!

:wacko:

"“If all goes well, it should be able to enter force on February 1,” she told Reuters in an interview. “The agreement is not only sending a signal to the world. It is also extremely advanced when it comes to opening markets."
The EU-Japan agreement will remove EU tariffs of 10 percent on Japanese cars and 3 percent for most car parts. It will scrap Japanese duties of some 30 percent on EU cheese and 15 percent on wines as well as open access to public tenders in Japan."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-japan-trade/eu-japan-free-trade-deal-cleared-for-early-2019-start-idUSKBN1OB1EN

26 minutes ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Sooooo happy we're leaving the bastards from EU, I mean who wants cheaper car parts from Japan?! We will have so much better deal with Japan, they'll beg us to trade with them!

Why wouldnt they want to trade with us? We are/were the 2nd largest economy in the EU, 5th in the World, do people honestly think we wont survive without suckling at the eu teat and if they have agreed free trade deal with the eu, no reason why we cant follow suit. :thumbs:

You do realise which country you have set up a very successful business dont you? :bang:

Did I say they won't trade with UK, eventually? :surrender:

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/eu-japan-economic-partnership-agreement/agreement-explained/

"The negotiations began in 2013 are expected to ended in 2017."

and

"If all goes well, it should be able to enter force on February 1, 2019"

That's 6 years of negotiations from the date we're free to start negotiating trade deals with other countries on our own. Why missing 6 years of good business? I'm sure everyone in here will be happy to see Nissan and Nismo prices reduced.

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

I agree about context, so that isnt the whole continent scratching their heads trying to understand the leave vote as you said earlier, its funny how so many times in this country we are chastised for not listening, condemning or ignoring minorities but when it comes to a minority people dont agree with, it is dulled down and insignificant, listen to the minority banging on in this thread, you cant have it both ways!

It is early days with uprisings against the eu establishment and the uk has been the first to pull the pin, i would bet my left nut once we are finally done (whichever way that may be except revoking article 50) you will see a momentum from those minorities who want their voice heard about their contempt for the Eu.

Oh boy.... You've mentioned 3 or 4 countries out of over 20. So yes majority of EU countries are scratching their heads. 

1 out of those you mentioned is  not even a full country but a single party not even close to any majority. It's like saying UKIP represents the UKs opinion. LePen basically is the French UKIP, just a lot more extreme.

After the Brexit vote individual European country initiatives for exiting reduced by half. After UK goes to the gutter for a decade, the rest of the initiatives will cease to exist as well probably.

You mentioned it's early days with uprisings against the EU establishment, this part clearly shows you are paying zero interest in any EU country development as this is totally opposite of any reports in the last 2 years. 

You're talking out of your ass mate

Edited by Maggz

9 minutes ago, Maggz said:

After the Brexit vote individual European country initiatives for exiting reduced by half. After UK goes to the gutter for a decade, the rest of the initiatives will cease to exist as well probably.

You'd better get out while you can then mate ;)

19 minutes ago, Maggz said:

It's like saying UKIP represents the UKs opinion. LePen basically is the French UKIP, just a lot more extreme.

You're talking out of your ass mate

And why do you think Cameron offered the referendum, anything to with the growing popularity of Ukip possibly, 52% said they want independence remember. I could put up some info re other member states feelings towards the EU but no doubt they wont suit you so a pointless discussion! 

Talking out my ass, no dude, you just dont like being pulled up on your ridiculous sweeping statements :wave:

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Why wouldnt they want to trade with us? We are/were the 2nd largest economy in the EU, 5th in the World, do people honestly think we wont survive without suckling at the eu teat and if they have agreed free trade deal with the eu, no reason why we cant follow suit. :thumbs:

You do realise which country you have set up a very successful business dont you? :bang:

Largest economy isn't everything. Largest market by population is just as important if not more. American companies selling goods don't necessarily care how much turnover the UK has, but how many people will buy their products.

So the UK is not really important with only 60M people compared to EU, US, China, etc. These are not my words btw ... Obama's government said that the US needs trade deals with biggest markets and the UK will have to wait it's turn due to its size.

Does quite work like that though does it ?

Bmw sells 11% of its cars to us meager 60 million in the Uk but only sells 7% to the 1.4 billion in china. There also needs to be demand and wealth for sales.

Bmw sells 0 cars to the 1.4 billion in Africa.... because they can't afford them.

The UK has massive buying power. 

Edited by Bullet

5 minutes ago, Bullet said:

Does quite work like that though does it ?

Bmw sells 11% of its cars to us meager 60 million in the Uk but only sells 7% to the 1.4 billion in china. There also needs to be demand and wealth for sales.

Bmw sells 0 cars to the 1.4 billion in Africa.... because they can't afford them.

The UK has massive buying power. 

What's the source for these figures?

2018-12-12_20-05-39.jpeg

Stats based on https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0276062EN/bmw-group-sells-more-than-2-million-vehicles-in-2017-so-far?language=en

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

2018-12-12_21-25-51.jpeg

Yep and in the last 8 years the 300 million people in the states have decided to buy 7% less Bmw's showing that its not all about how many people there are, so still craps on mr vested interest argument.

Edited by Bullet

Bullet, pipe down with your aggressive posting or you'll find yourself removed from this thread. By all means make your points, but stop with the childish insults please.

Your numbers were wrong, just hold your hands up and say you didn't realise instead of trying to shout louder. This is an internet forum, not Parliament!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

2018-12-12_19-41-00.jpeg

2018-12-12_19-42-22.jpeg

Source: 

While you are all whittling about sources, you do realise that you are putting up graphs funded by the Eu where the Eu are asking people if they thought the Eu was good ?