Running in a new 370z

hmale4yu

The advice I was given was not to rag it for the first 1k.

Avoid driving at a constant rev ie  just going on a long motorway journey but keep a varied driving condition.

I was told you don't need to change the oil at 1k but I can't see any harm.

Congratulations on your Nismo and be sure to post up pics :thumbs:

I just kept bellow 4000RPM for the first 1200 miles then returned the car to Nissan OPC for an oil and filter change.

Just keep the engine between 2000 - 4000 RPM and don’t keep it at constant REVS as previously mentioned.

Nissan recommend the first service at 9000Miles however for £85 I thought it was a no brained to get it done after the run in period to remove any of the metal residue/particles in the oil.

Edited by Bikeracer

Don't forget to ask them not to wash or wax it.

They'll often use a rushed overworked and underskilled guy who'll be using the same sponge to do all their cars bodywork AND wheels rubbing dirt off and into your new paint.

Then buffing wax off it with a cloth that he's probably dropped a few times or just left on the floor while he's not using it :scare:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2018 at 18:25, HEADPHONES said:

Don't forget to ask them not to wash or wax it.

They'll often use a rushed overworked and underskilled guy who'll be using the same sponge to do all their cars bodywork AND wheels rubbing dirt off and into your new paint.

Then buffing wax off it with a cloth that he's probably dropped a few times or just left on the floor while he's not using it :scare:

you can tell them but they dont listen. fortunately mine has Fusso wax protecting it, I told them both times i visited and they ignored me. Next time ill have a sign on the window!