Binned it

macca

Yup, today I binned my pride and joy. Lucky enough to say I'm ok with only a slight bump on my head and it could've been 10 times worse if the ditch I landed in had water in it more than 6 inches deep. Car's a write off and I'm absolutely gutted about it as anyone would be. I have gap insurance on the car and it's fully comp so I will get the full amount of the car back, but with my no claims not being protected I don't think there's going to be any point in me going down the 350Z route again. About time now I look at putting my money towards buying a house. It's been a pleasure owning and driving the Z but I guess things always happen for a reason so I assume it's my time to move on. Pictures below are a bit @*!# because they were off my 2MP camera phone.

DSC00397.JPG

DSC00400.JPG

DSC00401.JPG

EDIT

Forgot to put a pic in to do it some justice!

maccas350z4.JPG

Hell, dont know what to say bud, at least you are ok and thats the main thing.

You can tell me where I can get some wax that'll get that mud out :thumbs:

Just lost the back end on a corner it the wet, corrected it, then over corrected it, then I was strapped in my seat upside down in a ditch. My drivers side airbags and steering wheel airbag didn't go off which pi**ed me off a bit, but saying that, the passenger side took most of the impact and they did go off. Hey ho. Anyone selling a 1litre corsa? :)

Glad no one was hurt.

Gone are the days when you could kick the front of a car and the airbags would go off. I believe nowadays it’s based on where the impact occurs and the severity of the impact. I think it’s 12 to 15mph to set them off.

Far too much panel damage to bother repairing.

Just lost the back end on a corner it the wet, corrected it, then over corrected it, then I was strapped in my seat upside down in a ditch. My drivers side airbags and steering wheel airbag didn't go off which pi**ed me off a bit, but saying that, the passenger side took most of the impact and they did go off. Hey ho. Anyone selling a 1litre corsa? :)

Gutted for you mate, but like everyone say's, you are OK.

Did you have the TC turned off when you lost it?

It slid down the ditch nose first, guess it jabbed into the mud and flipped it back. Only guessing, happened quite quickly. I'd like to get into a Zed again but I just think the timing is right for me to direct my money elsewhere. Plus my insurance was £1200 with 4 years no claims, I dread to think what it'd be with 0 years no claims. Just sucks, but I have only myself to blame. I'll learn from it and then hopefully in a few more years when I'm financially stable again I can go back to having a nice car, just isn't the right time at the moment now this has happened. Just wish I'd had it a little longer, really will miss it :(