Prospective owner

Hi there,

I am very interested in getting a Z to replace my current car. Audi TT roadster, has anyone moved from a TT to a Z?

I don't really need a new car but fancy a change and would like to know what it is like to own a Z in the real world.

comments pls

There are a few on here.

Would you be looking at a Zed roadster or Coupe?

What engine you got?

The Zed is a real 'drivers car compared to the TT and it's far more fun. The interior isn't as good but you can't have everything.

I have the 225 quattro, remapped to 265hp, although I have never raced a Z. I assume it will be on par if not faster?

looking for a 53/54 reg coupe, at around £16k.

How is the reliability and cost of ownership in your op?

Think Zedrush had a TT before the Zed, he will be here soon.

Have a look n the warranty section bud, that will give you all the issues.

Budget looks fine so you should have no problem. Roadsters have no more issues than the coupes as far as I know, have had no real prolems with mine other than the dealers.

Welcome to the forum bud.

I bought mine when it was exactly 3 years old (54-plate Coupe). Other than a back box that needed replacing I've not (touch wood) had any other problems. Jap cars are reknowned for their mechanical reliability.

My dash vibrates a bit at certain revs but all in all, I'm very happy with it.

If you want a car that gives the person behind the steering wheel the best time, there is no comparison between the TT and the Zed. The Zed is far more involving and much more fun to drive hard.

the 225's are quick, i had a seat leon with same engine and that had a revo remap on it and it was seriously quick....problem is those vag turbo engines lack character. the noise is dull and the revs fade out at the top end so fun factor is low. the Z is a quick car...not that spritely off the line but 3rd, 4th gear it pulls hard, you wont be dissapointed. its power is very linear which is quite deceptive because obviously there is no kick in the back like with a turbo.

the Z is very torquey low down so no problems there and you can rev it freely which i much prefer than a turbo.

the noise alone will sell it to you!! :D

reliability...it is very good although there do seem to be standard faults with virtually all first phase cars (see warranty threads for details).

cost of ownership...servicing is very cheap, insurance aint too horrible, road tax about to be a real wallet clencher and fuel consumption aint great. i dont see over 24 but i drive it to enjoy it.

all in all, its a excellent second hand buy, its not the cheapest and is certainly not very practical but thats why they are still fairly exclusive unlike the ubiquitous TT.

for those reasons...go for it!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

:welcome:

I had a TT225. Loved the car, I had one when they were quite a rare sight, not like now. The Z brings that uniqueness back and takes you up another lever in performance. Best car I've had so far.

104-0486Mike.jpg

Servicing is cheaper than audi. p1 start from £120 up to a p3 for around £250

Hya mate, cheers Martinmac for link, I had an audi TT quattro sport 240 Limited edition, I had it chipped and BMC induction kit and scorpion exhaust, and changed from recaros to leather baseball stitching:

side1.jpg

seats.jpg

Whilst itwas a lovely looking motor, when driving was a different story. Even after all the mods I did on the engine, it still felt pretty boring to drive, and felt like I was detatched from the speed its self. Didnt feel one with the car, wanted more grunt. So then this came up for sale:

350z3-1.jpg

This was a different beast alltogether, I felt every time I put my feet down on the pedal I was in full control and if things went tits up, it would be because of my fault, so much involvement and joy, and pull, I fell in love. Handling was a dream and power at the rear wheel sent shivers down my spine, huge difference coming from the TT, The difference between the two, is that in the Audi I felt like I was a spectator in the 350z, I became the actual driver B)

Best decision I made so far for sure :thumbs:

So much so I sold the last 350z and bought another :thumbs:

IMG_9508.jpg

:welcome: to the forum, i've driven quite a few TT's , i found them uninvolving to drive compared the zed... a bit numb

while i still think they are a good looking car, overkill has ruined their individuality, a victim of its own success :headhurt:

the zed is much more seat of your pants driving when pushed B)