Dom187

Forged Engine Reliability

Hi gang, I was wondering people experiences with forged VQ'S. It would be great if anyone with a forged engine could say what went into their build and how many miles they had out of it? Also any detrimental effects they noticed over stock. 

My engine isn't forged in my Z but I have in the past built a few and run them for few years and over 20k miles in some cases with plenty of track work and hard use. What makes you think a forged engine would be less reliable?  For most the whole reason for building the engine is to gain strength and reliability.

I would say the biggest killer of engines forged or other wise is poor mapping and especially the case when its turbo'd/supercharged.

What plans do you have for yours?

I know a guy who's done 3 gtr engines 

In short he has no mechanical sympathy he will spank it cold and generally thrash the life out of it ..built right and treated right a forged engine should last well I would of thought 

On 13/07/2017 at 20:52, 350Butcher said:

I would say the biggest killer of engines forged or other wise is poor mapping and especially the case when its turbo'd/supercharged.

Exactly this... Providing the build is done right with no corner cutting etc, Mapping is key after! 

Coming from a few forged builds where either the build itself isn't spot on or the map has been poor

Is there any mappers we should avoid? Do i take it the likes of abbey and hdev know what theyre doing with sc turbos