Glad to be here but need help from you experts!!!!!

Guys and dolls, great to be here with my new 350z Fairlady. Bought a 35th anniversary edition with Brembos, spolier, heated leather etc etc you know the score!!! Anyway just wanted to say hello and to see if you could answer a few questions for me.

1. Bose stereo system - was told I could get this sorted but the dealer has told me he cant get tit to work on UK stations, should i replace the front panel as they will pay for parts or install a second panel where the sat nav can go?

2. Skid light has come on a few times already cominbg off the motorway at 55 lost the back end a few times - is this me as im getting used to my new car or was it because it was wet??!?!?!?

3. Where is the best place to get a reasonably priced Nismo body kit?

4. I have 2 remotes that open the car but only one key to start the ignition, my dealer told me it only comes withone and that I just need to get a locksmith to copy it for a tenner its the remote that is expensive, is this true.

Thanks in advanced

Delboy :yahoo:

:welcome:

I'm not sure about Q1 but Q2 is almost certainly going to be a result of lead-foot syndrome and rain ;)

There are some traders who will no doubt be posting a message in a minute regarding the Nismo stuff.

I bought a UK car and got two keys and remotes so I don't know about Q4 either.

Enjoy it anyway :thumbs:

Guys and dolls, great to be here with my new 350z Fairlady. Bought a 35th anniversary edition with Brembos, spolier, heated leather etc etc you know the score!!! Anyway just wanted to say hello and to see if you could answer a few questions for me.

1. Bose stereo system - was told I could get this sorted but the dealer has told me he cant get tit to work on UK stations, should i replace the front panel as they will pay for parts or install a second panel where the sat nav can go?

2. Skid light has come on a few times already cominbg off the motorway at 55 lost the back end a few times - is this me as im getting used to my new car or was it because it was wet??!?!?!?

3. Where is the best place to get a reasonably priced Nismo body kit?

4. I have 2 remotes that open the car but only one key to start the ignition, my dealer told me it only comes withone and that I just need to get a locksmith to copy it for a tenner its the remote that is expensive, is this true.

Thanks in advanced

Delboy :yahoo:

Welcome to the site! :thumbs:

1. Think it is best to go aftermarket. The BOSE can be bettered on sound and overall quality, and the Jap ones can be tough to sort out once fubar.

2. Shouldn't be losing the back end to easily. There is some slip before it kicks in, and if you have Bridgestone RE040 tyres on, change em. ;)

3. There's a few, but watch out for poor quality replicas. Big Phil on here is known for great service and helping out.

4. No idea, but I'd like to know where the other key is. :blush:

Just to let you all know I have spoke to the garage I bought it from and they are having a look into, they are still thinking it will cost a tenner so I told themm thats great and to sort it out. They say when they bring the cars over they put a Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser on the car which is the remote I was given, what they are not sure is if the key is running in tandom with it or it has been made redundant...will keep you informed.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright delboy from a fellow northerner, welcome.

Ive a got a 35th ani as well (GM) :teeth:

Q and A time

1 Unless the Bose is shafted you should have no problems - mines got an 18mhz frequency shifter on it and it works just fine - check out your arieal, I found when I fitted a nice shiney aliminiumn stubby it wouldnt pick up bugger all , stock one picked up everything.

Bose CD is a pig in the cold , always jumping in the cold

2 Mine sticks to the road like glue - till the roads wet/damp its normal just ease off a bit in the wet or turn off the traction and drive sideways everywhere

3 I have a copy of the Nismo kit in me garage - Front bumber & skirts only make me an offer if you like

4 I replied to your other post but, it sounds similar to mine in that the car has had a cat 1 alarm fitted and the central locking now works off that - dont know anything about the key being encoded to the ECU - get the garage to get a copy if its only £10 and then see if it works - if it does lovely jubbly :p

Alright delboy from a fellow northerner, welcome.

Ive a got a 35th ani as well (GM) :teeth:

Q and A time

1 Unless the Bose is shafted you should have no problems - mines got an 18mhz frequency shifter on it and it works just fine - check out your arieal, I found when I fitted a nice shiney aliminiumn stubby it wouldnt pick up bugger all , stock one picked up everything.

Bose CD is a pig in the cold , always jumping in the cold

2 Mine sticks to the road like glue - till the roads wet/damp its normal just ease off a bit in the wet or turn off the traction and drive sideways everywhere

3 I have a copy of the Nismo kit in me garage - Front bumber, skirts only make me an offer if you like

4 I replied to your other post but, it sounds similer to mine in that the car has had a cat 1 alarm fitted and the central locking now works off that - dont nknow anything about the key being encoded to the ECU - get the garage to get a copy if its only £10 and then see if it works - if it does lovely jubbly :p

1. Condensation on discs in the cold is a pain, but is a known glitch with the system.

2. Do you have standard Bridgestone RE040's on, and have you had the tracking done recently?

:)

Welcome mate :yahoo:

Regarding 2. Agree with Rob and the others 'stones + the wet are terrible. The back end on the Z is pretty light in my opinion in comparison to a lot of other RWD cars. ESP will normally help you out, but it can be scary the first time it happens.