GT-R @ Middlehurst - not for 56k modem

M13KYF

Went to have a look at the GT-R at Middlehusrt today. Stunning car in the flesh and got to hear it on tickover. :teeth:B)

Anyway took a load of images for you all to have a look

Only thing I found strange is I thought the seats were high. Also see if you can spot the extra performance button inside

CIMG1219.jpg

CIMG1218.jpg

CIMG1217.jpg

CIMG1216.jpg

CIMG1215.jpg

CIMG1214.jpg

CIMG1213.jpg

CIMG1212.jpg

CIMG1211.jpg

CIMG1210.jpg

CIMG1209.jpg

CIMG1208.jpg

CIMG1206.jpg

CIMG1205.jpg

CIMG1204.jpg

CIMG1202.jpg

CIMG1201.jpg

CIMG1200.jpg

CIMG1199.jpg

CIMG1198.jpg

CIMG1197.jpg

CIMG1196.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jap version only so you can't order this combination of colour, gunmetal wheels and the black and red interior.

Mike: after all the hype about Nissan taking humbridge over imports it seems strange one of the nominated garages has one to show off - a year or so in advance of the official sales here? :wacko::headhurt:

I was doing the salesmans job on the missus on the way home ;)

I do like the red, but am to put it mildly, a bit confused as to why the UK combinations do not allow for the black leather with red detail to be put in the red car! :wacko:

Apparently details so far are that the "black edition" (one above premium) has the smoked wheels and the red detail in some of the leather, and is only available in black or silver.

So you couldnt have white with smoked wheels and the black/red leather.

More finite details will be available after the dealers start returning from their trips to Geneva this week.

Chris at Middlehurst was a very friendly chap, and had time to chat avout various aspects of the car, and what he knew of other details so far.

Jap version only so you can't order this combination of colour, gunmetal wheels and the black and red interior.

Mike: after all the hype about Nissan taking humbridge over imports it seems strange one of the nominated garages has one to show off - a year or so in advance of the official sales here? :wacko::headhurt:

Very strange indeed.

Middlehurst have two. The other is in Geneva.... on a Nissan stand. :blush:

I dont think there is a great deal of truth to imports being the work of the devil according to NMGB. There were certainly a steady stream of people coming to see the car today, and Im fairly certain that a fair few were parting with deposit money too.

So the other Middlehurst car is a LHD US Model? Thats all there was on the Nissan stand at Geneva....

BTW - The Black bodycolour will also *only* be available (in the UK) on the Black edition - not on the Premium or Basic.

JK

So basically thats why its called the 'Black' edition as all of the black cars will be of this spec.....................But why?

The silver is a cost extra in Japan..................why?

Why are Nissan picking colours and basically charging more for them to different markets?

I like the black GT-R but not with the smoked rims, just too much black for me. On that basis I can't seem any point in paying an extra £1300 for rims I'm not keen on and red piping on the seats.

I'm close to geting my name down for one but there are still too many unknowns for me............................. :headhurt:

Same for me Liam.

The info being conveyed to the UK at the moment is not impressing me as much as I had hoped. Everythin being announced about the colours and options now is just one anti climax after another.

No reversing cam option in the UK, sat nav delaying the car by 6 months, no red interior bits on a red car etc..

Its all a bit wooly for my liking right now.

Same for me Liam.

The info being conveyed to the UK at the moment is not impressing me as much as I had hoped. Everythin being announced about the colours and options now is just one anti climax after another.

No reversing cam option in the UK, sat nav delaying the car by 6 months, no red interior bits on a red car etc..

Why the hell would we not get the reversing camera? Stoopid bloody Nissan. And why is the sat nav gonna delay deliveries till sept 09???? Whats taking them 18 months?????? Can you order a car with sat nav, get it in March 09 and have it retro fitted in Sept 09??? Sept 09 is sooooooooooooo far away to wait for a car with sat nav, I'd usually have two cars in that time at least! :scare:

Same for me Liam.

Why the hell would we not get the reversing camera? Stoopid bloody Nissan. And why is the sat nav gonna delay deliveries till sept 09???? Whats taking them 18 months?????? Can you order a car with sat nav, get it in March 09 and have it retro fitted in Sept 09??? Sept 09 is sooooooooooooo far away to wait for a car with sat nav, I'd usually have two cars in that time at least! :scare:

Apparently, you can't have the sat nav retro fitted. :dry:

Another thing worth bearing in mind is that the Black Edition's dark wheels are fitted as standard with track day rubber - not something everyone will want.

They looked to be fitted with the same sort of tyres as were on the M3 CSL - barely road legal.

Looking at the tyres, if the intention was to use it every day (which you could) my assumption is thathat they would be lethal in the wet.

And yes, damn right its the small issues Im basing my purchase on.

If I go into Porsche to buy a new car, they dont start dictating that you cant have that leather with that colour car, or those wheels with that colour - unless its the GT3 wheels.

I also dont think they play silly buggers with the othr options. The smoked wheels for example appear to be standard in the US, with the silver as an option. Whereas in the UK its the other way round, and the only way to get the smoked is to order a black edition, which you cant have in red, and you cant have the red bits of leather unless you have a black edition car (silver or black).

Now there are rumours of black only being available in black edition anyway with the smoked wheels this may be a bit too much black for some.

There are only 6 colours, 3 grades and 3 interiors - so 54 combinations in all.

Is it really too much to ask for Nissan to allow customers to purchase any combination when they are parting with up to £55,000 ??

If Nissan really want to compete with the other cars in the same league then they need to stop playing silly arse with the customers and allow them to have what they want.