Can I be a proper 350Z club member now please?

stanski

Hi - after much talk I made good on my promises! B)

I am today the proud owner of an '07 350Z ragtop in Night Blue !! :yahoo:

(Sorry Martin you lost your commission on that grey one!) :lol:

So how not to buy a car!!

Dont test drive one nearer home before you go and see the one you want! :blush:

Sort out the finances on what you think will be needed instead of actually finding out!! :blush:

Dont buy a practical cheap van before the Zed - no cement bag is going anywhere near my roadster! :dry:

Buy it on one of the wetest dayes this year!

Forget my shades! :wacko:

But what the hell!!

Ok now I understand properly what you lot have been bangin' on about- think this is going to be my last fun car - this is defo a keeper! ;)

Best surprise of the day - averaged 30 mpg over 100 miles today all sorts of roads and with duff gear changes etc etc until I get used to it.

Only 1 downside so far - there is a soddin' annoying rattle from right side behind my ear about 70mph - ahem or thereabouts :teeth:

Just wanted to say thanks folks for your advice and support :thumbs:

P.S Dark by the time I got home so picture is just to show you it actually exists - lets hope its a dry day tomorrow! Night Blue by Night eh? ;)

Disclaimer: there is no hairdrier attachment in the car btw and I don't own or work in a hair dressing emporium before you ask! :lol:

be sure to post up a fresh piccie tomorrow

Thanks will do - I was frustraited not taking a pic when it was all shiny - mind you it was lashing it down all day anyway so its covered in road muck now ! Sad but I keep peeping out the front window to see if I was'nt dreaming! How old am I! :headhurt:

Not even transferred all my car parafanalia into it yet?

Is it brand new or already "run in"

Ex Demo - yes I know .....but it seems okay - no scratches that I could see and inside is nice and tidy. Engine sounds puurfect!!

Had my eye on it for a while and they dropped the price recently - I could'nt resist trouble now its gonna be baked beans on toast for 3 years to pay for it - just as well the roof opens eh! :lol::blush:

So not sure if camping trip is going to happen I did stretch myself a bit has'nt taken the grin off my face though. :thumbs:

Nice one Stan, glad you made the right choice

Thanks - gonna be touch moneywise for a bit but the grin I have had on my chops all day is priceless!

:thumbs:

Incidentally is it true that roadsters dont have the bluetooth doodar fitted ?

Well done. :yahoo:

30mpg - sure you didn't buy a smart roadster instead ;)

Oh and welcome to the world of rattles - mine has the same thing as you. Can't work out if it's something to do with the seatbelt the plastic speedster cover or the plastic screen.

As fas I know was told bluetooth is only on coupes.

30mpg - sure you didn't buy a smart roadster instead

Oh and welcome to the world of rattles - mine has the same thing as you. Can't work out if it's something to do with the seatbelt the plastic speedster cover or the plastic screen.

Thanks - yes 30mpg - but it is probably optimistic - but the rev counter is less than on my Diesel ditchfinder at the same speed? Probably helps?

Rattles yes I know what you mean ? Will have a proper look around tomorrow - if it ever stops raining!! I wondered if it was the window/door as ithe rattle reduced when the drivers window was half down?

If Mazda or Toyota made this car it would have Zero rattles! No scuttle shake though which I am impressed with.

Hey Stan, well done on finally getting a Zed. I, like most others on here (probably), were beginning to think you were always going to be dreaming of one but never actually getting one. ;)

I've had mine for 6 months now and I still look out of the window at it several times a day :lol:

I'll keep my eyes open for you on the M56 or generally driving round Cheshire/Manchester. Have fun!

Nice one mate, now you know why I've had two already :teeth:B)

Whatare you driving at the moment Sarnie? I notice there is a car on PH exactly like yours thats "SOLD".

Yep, its sold now, went today :byebye:

What are you going get next?

Really not sure. Whatever it is, it won't be for a while. I may even get a GT-R :)

Thanks everybody I wondered if I was ever gonna get one myself - sensible side of the force was strong! :wacko:

Anyway for some reason Photobucket is not working properly so only managed to upload 1 picture see below.

d03c7c37.jpg

Of course it lashed it down today also with hailstones for good measure, I decided to wash it then wax it before the rain - thats 3 hours work the second I finished the last wheel the heavens opened! Why do I bother! :dry:

Easy car to wash bad colour to keep clean, wheels take almost as long as the bodywork to clean??

It looks the dogs though glad I chose this colour it really is weird- black or dark blue or pearl blue with small hint of green under some light - bit of an odd one? I love it! :teeth:

I think i am working that weekend of the Wales trip - but will check if I can maybe get the time off- worse case I can pop across to St.Davids and say hi! :thumbs:

Will try to get some more pics on the forum for you - lets hope the rain stops - incidentally has anyone a good way of peeling dealer sticker off back window - its a sticky one not electrostatic I am worried about ripping one of the heating elements off ??

Thanks

Stan

Saw a blue roadster northbound on the M6 on the way to Manchester on friday and it looked great so good choice ofcolour bud

Thanks matey- black was my fall back car on Saturday in Wakefield - this blue is just as bad to keep clean - its gonna be a proper wax after wash eveytime I know it! Probably the same for everyone which is why they all look spangly on the motorway every timeI see one no matter the colour!

Enjoy your holls - got a day off tomorrow so gonna pray for sunshine and go for a proper run out - will wait for the comments at work on Tuesday!

Remind us again of the temperature out there? :)