Eyelids recommendations?

Andymac183

I think the illustrious fashion police are interfering unduly here, it's not like he wants to put a grand's worth of big gay wing (which would be a mistake worth issuing a warning about), he wants to put a couple of stickers on the lights, it'll cost 15 quid and peel off in 10 seconds if it doesn't look right, I don't think opinions were really warranted under these circumstances.

Do it mate, for reasons stated, it's nothing to reverse if you don't like it...but do the vinyl thing, it's the only way to make them look 'right', as you noticed the FRP/PU ones tend to be noticeably raised above the bonnet line. I'm going to be doing it soon, my car isn't particularly low, but it is quite sporty looking, by the time I do it, it will have a nismo v2 front, chargespeed rear, black facelift lights are already in, deep dish wheels, etc, etc. I particularly feel that the eyebrows go well with long nose front bumpers like the nismo v2 and v3 and a couple of others.

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 2

I think the illustrious fashion police are interfering unduly here, it's not like he wants to put a grand's worth of big gay wing (which would be a mistake worth issuing a warning about), he wants to put a couple of stickers on the lights, it'll cost 15 quid and peel off in 10 seconds if it doesn't look right, I don't think opinions were really warranted under these circumstances.

Do it mate, for reasons stated, it's nothing to reverse if you don't like it...but do the vinyl thing, it's the only way to make them look 'right', as you noticed the FRP/PU ones tend to be noticeably raised above the bonnet line. I'm going to be doing it soon, my car isn't particularly low, but it is quite sporty looking, by the time I do it, it will have a nismo v2 front, chargespeed rear, black facelift lights are already in, deep dish wheels, etc, etc. I particularly feel that the eyebrows go well with long nose front bumpers like the nismo v2 and v3 and a couple of others.

Any templates for the vinyl?

Any templates for the vinyl?

Yeah I'll take a look at those if you have them too....

I haven't done it, nor am I aware of any ready templates. I do plan to do it, but I think that given the nature of vinyl as a stretchy thing which needs to be fitted, a precisely cut template would be difficult to then apply and have very straight edges when done.

What I would probably do would be to use vinyl cutting tape to make the shape on the lights that I am happy with, stretch the vinyl over the area as needed, then lift the cutting tape. Hope it helps. :)

P.S. Don't ask me how you get colour matched vinyl, I haven't thought that far ahead yet. :lol:

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

Made my own,pretty easy to follow the lines of the car to template yourself,good double sided tape,right colour spray and haypresto

Done......

So you vinyl wrapped then just spray painted the vinyl in colour matched paint?

Made my own,pretty easy to follow the lines of the car to template yourself,good double sided tape,right colour spray and haypresto

Done......

So you vinyl wrapped then just spray painted the vinyl in colour matched paint?

no made them from a flexible plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...