2 years of Leaf ownership officially over.

gangzoom

33288197291_b3da747731_z_d.jpg

The nice guys from Nissan have been to see the Leaf, windscreen now markes indicating its fate to be auctioned off.

Cannot quite believe I've been driving around in an EV for 2 years, seems like a lot longer with all the various posts I've made here :).

I'll be lying if I said the Leaf was 'perfect', but it has been cheap (£350 of electricity to do 14k miles) and it convinced me EVs are the future of motoring. Just like the first car I learnt to drive in, a £500 Nissan Micra, I'll always remember the Leaf as my first EV, and as the car that bought my daughter home for the first time:love:

26212878340_6124da54a9_z_d.jpg

So it's good bye for me to Nissan ownership (for now), but the replacement is rather tasty...Plenty of more about that to come ;).

33126796020_b123748396_z_d.jpg

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

^ Been taking out family friends(+kids) in it all afternoon. The Leaf was the butt of many jokes, this thing however is getting a rather different reaction :).

Cos the leaf is god awful :lol:

I'm sure I asked this before, but I can't remember the answer. Which model did you go for and how fast is it?

Cos the leaf is god awful :lol:

I'm sure I asked this before, but I can't remember the answer. Which model did you go for and how fast is it?

Its the cheapest and slowest Model X which you cannot order anymore 60D X, still fully loaded with 4 adults and 2 kids gets to 30mph quicker than anything else I've owned, after that it's about the sane as the Z, so adequate as the family wagon :).

I still like the Leaf, total cost of ownership over 2 years is barely enough to pay for the 6 heated leather seats on the X!!

Edited by gangzoom

^ Still got my wife's car to sort out, she wad adamant the X was too big for her, but I notice she has put the spare key into her wallet.... I take that as a sign she likes the X, the only barrier now to a full EV driveway is cash flow and Jaguar to release the full details of the iPace :D.