Where to place throttle controller

Ricksta1980

Honest question - What do these devices actually do, I have absolutely no idea, please enlighten me!

Little device that you wire up to peddle that makes the throttle very sensitive so gives you go straight away were as stock feels like it kicks in after 2 secs or can make it eco mode so helps you if you have a heavy foot and want to safe fuel (never tried eco so can't comment what its like haha)

I mounted mine on the pillar and ran the cables straight down and connected to OBD port. Hodaka's how to guide is great. I'd do a search and read through on it before you start install. There great wee devices, even if you've, like me already uprev'd your Zed. Throttle response on SP10 is great

• Like 1

PPod and Irn Bru, thanks for your posts, do you have any pics of your installed ?

Cheers

I haven't got any that I can quickly load up on here. If you've got Facebook pm me your details. Happy to go take a photo now and pm you it on facebook

Little device that you wire up to peddle that makes the throttle very sensitive so gives you go straight away were as stock feels like it kicks in after 2 secs or can make it eco mode so helps you if you have a heavy foot and want to safe fuel (never tried eco so can't comment what its like haha)

Eco mode is basically stall mode. Pop it in eco and try to drive away from the lights normally....

SP7 is the sweet spot :)

Here's mine by the vent:

20161203_142918_zpstqvy0bva.jpg

Edited by Willsy1980

Honest question - What do these devices actually do, I have absolutely no idea, please enlighten me!

They are basically a throttle position sensor multiplier. When you press the accelerator 20% the TPS tells the ECU and it acts accordingly. This is placed between the pedal and the TPS, so 20% is now multiplied to 60% for example. They don't improve response at all, that can only be done with the remap.

Eco mode is basically stall mode. Pop it in eco and try to drive away from the lights normally....

SP7 is the sweet spot :)

Here's mine by the vent:

20161203_142918_zpstqvy0bva.jpg

Yeah that's were I have mine but below the air vent sits flush.