Private test areas

Hi

New to the forum and having 350z. I was wondering if anyone knows of places in the southeast, Surrey Kent area, that I could take my car? I am about to have new tyres put on her but want to let a couple of friends have a go with the old ones to use them up. Needs to be a large open area where they can put their foot down for a little bit. Not doing track days or anything like that.

Cheers

Rawlie87

Almost nowhere.

You need a friend with proper private land, as in land that has genuine gated access where the public cannot simply walk into (so no private roads shared with others etc). Empty car parks, industrial estates etc are all a no-go as they fall under public spaces, and will see you done for dangerous driving if caught.

Take your old tyres off, donate them to friendly drifters, feel good about yourself. Or sling them on eBay and get a few quid back.

• Like 2

Maybe check if Santa Pod are running any drift days soon, or Rockingham.

At Santapod they actually have 'f*ck about areas which sounds ideal for what you have planned.

I know you said no 'trackdays' but i cant think of an easier and safer way to legally have a f*ck about.

Edited by WillisRR

Santa Pod will charge per driver and there isnt really anywhere you can just be a dick, they need to marshall it etc. and Rocky is a proper drift day.

As Ekona says, if you can get onto it without unlocking a gate then its not private, I have a few friends who have lost licenses over that misunderstanding .......

The 350 wont even do a proper burnout to send them off in style, sad times :(

Although I just googled it (why didnt I do that when I owned one?) and apparently if you pull the brake light fuse it will light them up. Go do it now :lol:

• Like 1

Although I just googled it (why didnt I do that when I owned one?) and apparently if you pull the brake light fuse it will light them up. Go do it now :lol:

I tried it, didn't believe it would work, basically accidentally did a freaking HUUUUUUGE burnout... IN MY OWN ROAD!! Neighbours weren't happy!

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum and happy hunting. I got threatened with I think it was a section 65 (this is where your car can be confiscated regardless of whether it is totally legal or not) for driving in an aggressive and anti-social manner on what i thought was private land. Be very careful. :rant::angry: