Deciding what brakes to get...

Jords

Having a browse online at the various discs and pads available for the 350z (gt with brembos'. And it seems there's a lot of choice. Would like to have grooved discs like the ebc's etc.

What would people recommend as good value discs and pads with decent stopping power? Without emptying the bank account...

Thanks for the advice, will give it some thought and get parts ordered after everything's checked out on Friday at atkins.

If the stoptech's are the better in terms of stopping power then they are the ones I want. The z is a heavy bugger, a lot of car to stop!

Got EBC turbo discs and redstuff pads all round and the car stops very well, the brake pedal feel is also very solid but that could be due to recent motul brake fluid change as well. :thumbs:

I have heard that the DS2500 pads get really good reviews as well!

Sure you'll be happy whatever you choose! ;)

Yeah fluid will have to be changed as well I think it's advised you change it more regularly on the zeds with the brembos.

I can never remember which are the tougher pads out of the redstuff or yellowstuff?? The greens aren't all that I've used them before and couldn't say much about them really.

Yeah fluid will have to be changed as well I think it's advised you change it more regularly on the zeds with the brembos.

I can never remember which are the tougher pads out of the redstuff or yellowstuff?? The greens aren't all that I've used them before and couldn't say much about them really.

Redstuff is more suitable for "fast road" use and yellowstuff for track.

However I know people that use both for all purposes, so depends how picky you want to be and what you want from the car! :)

Yellowstuff-

Work OK from cold (perfectly safe)

Amazing when hot

Short life span

High dust

Soft pedal feel

Redstuff-

Work well from cold

Brilliant when hot

Longer life span

Low dust

Slight low speed squeal

Very firm pedal feel

Edited by reeceybeaney

Another vote for MTEC here. Set of there drilled and grooved disks on mine with normal brembo padds. Stops perfectly well with a nice firm pedal but then ive also upgraded HEL brake lines.

One criticism is they squeal a fair amount at low speeds and the dust is horrendous

A decent set of discs and pads should help you stop more efficiently?

Not really, if you went out in the dry and braked as hard as you could, i bet you could lock the brakes and get the abs kicking in, so if your locking the wheels a pad and disc wont change that as youve reached the limit of adhesion, its as efficient as it gets at that point, hopefully that makes sense.

A decent pad and disc though will vastly improve feel and fade.

350Z calipers are pretty damn good as standard, discs dont make a huge amount of difference unless they are mega cheap and there are a lot better pads out there than Yellowstuff.

My old 350 with Carbon Lorraine pads, HEL fluid and braided lines, standard discs and calipers stopped as well as anything Ive driven. :teeth:

well I'm running bluestuff in my fronts and are great bite from cold considering they are a full track pad, little bit of noise until they warm but nothing that would turn heads haha, still running them in though as I only do a few miles on weekend now but will update when I've tried them out in anger