Knew that wouldn't take long!

reeceybeaney

What are you hitting it on?

Just say you're the local DK :) much respect.

Going into the pub car park once... :p also coming out of a car park going steep down hill, then before leveling out the lip hits first before the car levels out.

Haha love the DK idea... might leave it then! ;)

Edited by reeceybeaney

Looks like it's been hydrodipped to me but I'm no expert, but if so it's actually made of plastic and should be fairly easy to sort with some normal body filler and sanding. Then figure out if you want it painted or find someone (probably a trader on here) who can dip it again for you for your carbon effect! ðŸ‘ðŸ¾

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be hard to repair - not impossible but it would have to be sanded back to get the cracks out then a LOT of coats of clear to first fill the deep marks then flat back more clear and repeat until all smooth again.

I know how you feel clipped the front of my CF splitter and chipped all the clear off :(

Edited by Keyser

Looks like it's been hydrodipped to me but I'm no expert, but if so it's actually made of plastic and should be fairly easy to sort with some normal body filler and sanding. Then figure out if you want it painted or find someone (probably a trader on here) who can dip it again for you for your carbon effect! ðŸ‘ðŸ¾

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no expert either but I'm pretty sure it is carbon fibre as I can see, and now feel, the weave itself... unless it's just over some fibreglass or something I don't know to be honest!

It will be hard to repair - not impossible but it would have to be sanded back to get the cracks out then a LOT of coats of clear to first fill the deep marks then flat back more clear and repeat until all smooth again.

I know how you feel clipped the front of my CF splitter and chipped all the clear off :(

It is horrible really now it sticks out like a sore thumb to me! The clear stuff has chipped off in only a few places. The thing is, I really like the front splitter, it really adds to the shape of the car... so I don't want to take it off!

Edited by reeceybeaney