AutoCar Feature - GTR vs 911 GT3 vs M3

Rob_Quads

Couple Videos

At last someone who can drive! At least he looked like he was trying!

The M3 was clearly outclassed. The GT-R was awesome, loving the off line starting technique :teeth:

one thing that would concern me a teeny weeny little bit is the amount of input the GT-R has over the drive. I know its fast as hell but will it be a bit sterile? Will some of the driving feeling be lost with the auto box and the cars technology? :blush:

Couple Videos

The M3 was clearly outclassed. The GT-R was awesome, loving the off line starting technique :teeth:

one thing that would concern me a teeny weeny little bit is the amount of input the GT-R has over the drive. I know its fast as hell but will it be a bit sterile? Will some of the driving feeling be lost with the auto box and the cars technology? :blush:

Not really to different to your G though is it bud in that respect? :)

Couple Videos

:lol: That's why he didn't like the Ferrari - he had to drive it. ;)

Couple Videos

Think of it in terms of everyday road use and with the weather conditions we have and how you find the 4-wheel traction in the G really lets you get the most from the power delivery - then I doubt that 'sterile' tag would surface. ;) Also, when you get the 'trier' at the lights and you set those three buttons there will be a lot of :blush::blush::blush: in the car behind fading into the distance, but plenty of :teeth::teeth::teeth: in the GT-R

Just watched them - knew Monkey Harris wouldn't let us down. He and Steve Sutcliffe are two of the best journos in the business. B)

I'd actually like to see them do the 0-60 comparison again without the cars being prepped, to replicate that moment when you suddenly decide to give it the beans and you don't have time to set the TC, dampers etc. Now that's more real world IMO.

Yes just watched the video's too. Very impressive...........i want a GTR, just love the fact that it put's the germans on the back foot. Very very impressive car. I would still think the GTR would still trounce the other cars in a real world scenario Digsy. :thumbs:

Yes just watched the video's too. Very impressive...........i want a GTR, just love the fact that it put's the germans on the back foot. Very very impressive car. I would still think the GTR would still trounce the other cars in a real world scenario Digsy. :thumbs:

I'm sure you're right, mate. This is the first time that I've actually felt that I wanted one of the things. I think Iain Lichfield's looks fantastic in black. B)

Couple Videos

It couldn't be anymore different. My car is manual and doesn't have a launch control like the GT-R :)

Multiple fixed position cameras.

All cars driven quickly one after the other to try and maintain conditions.

Honest review of M3. Surprising as he owns it.

"Cheats the laws of physics".

0-60-100 with two people in the car.

Overall it's the first group test I seen of any cars that genuinely puts them against each other.

I want one.

Couple Videos

No it wasn't. Re-read my posts if your going to quote them. :p

Couple Videos

No it wasn't. Re-read my posts if your going to quote them. :p

:dummy::lol:

Couple Videos

It couldn't be anymore different. My car is manual and doesn't have a launch control like the GT-R :)

Not sure how those two things in isolation would make a 500bhp car sterile though? ;):)

Just the reference to technology etc. and after the Ferrari comments was making the comparison. Take a look at the lap the guy does around the Nurburgring in a GTR. He is giving it some serious beans and putting a fair bit in! :scare::)

Couple Videos

Not sure how those two things in isolation would make a 500bhp car sterile though? ;):)

Just the reference to technology etc. and after the Ferrari comments was making the comparison. Take a look at the lap the guy does around the Nurburgring in a GTR. He is giving it some serious beans and putting a fair bit in! :scare::)

500bhp or 100bhp theres no difference. The point I was making was that the 0-60 and 0-100 times were done by the car and not the driver. Even the driver admitted that the car did it all and suprisingly the car could replicate the start every single time. With the Porsche there were/are loads of different variables to be taken into account. A lot of the Porsches times are down to an individuals ability.

I love the GT-R and its amazing abilities but I'm worried that I'd end up just feeling like a bit of a component in the whole process. :blush:

Couple Videos

500bhp or 100bhp theres no difference. The point I was making was that the 0-60 and 0-100 times were done by the car and not the driver. Even the driver admitted that the car did it all and suprisingly the car could replicate the start every single time. With the Porsche there were/are loads of different variables to be taken into account. A lot of the Porsches times are down to an individuals ability.

I love the GT-R and its amazing abilities but I'm worried that I'd end up just feeling like a bit of a component in the whole process. :blush:

Fair point mate. I guess the only way of finding out os to get you mitts on one and give some stick! ;):thumbs: