What's the best car for my 11k budget??

Miller350z

So it's time to change the family car which at the moment is a focus. With another baby on the way I need to fit in 3 child car seats. I'm yet to find a car that can get 3 car seats in the back so I have been looking at 7 seaters. Top of the list so far is a qashqai +2 tekna. The car needs to:

• fit 3 car seats.

• leather seats as easier to clean.

• around £150 a year tax.

• 45mpg minimum combined.

• no more then 5 years old.

Any ideas.????

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Some Autotrader filters brings up a Mitsubishi Outlander and Kia Sorento?

Im not sure I'd believe the outlander figures, I went into a dealership last week and the PHEV quoted at 160+mpg via Mitsubishi, the sales guys struggles to get 45mpg on a good run but said the official figures are based on various runs so achievable. Not sure how you can go from 45 to 160 mpg without filling the car with helium balloons.

• Like 2

Im not sure I'd believe the outlander figures, I went into a dealership last week and the PHEV quoted at 160+mpg via Mitsubishi, the sales guys struggles to get 45mpg on a good run but said the official figures are based on various runs so achievable. Not sure how you can go from 45 to 160 mpg without filling the car with helium balloons.

Easy, find a long hill and only take a reading while coasting down it :lol:

With or without balloons?

The balloons would only slow you down :bleh:

MPG is heavily dependant on how and where you drive. I usually get 30 in my Z and I genuinely can't get it below 20 no matter how vigorous I am with the throttle... But then you get people reporting an average of 15... :wacko:

Edited by Strudul

PHEV is only a 5 seater, not even sure short of vans how many cars can actually fit 3 ISOFIX child seats.

Even the Model X which in theory can fit 4 in practice can only fit 2, 3 might be possible in 6 seater config but getting the 3rd kid in and out of the car seat would be a total faff....

Good luck to the OP, I'm gald we never have to think about that problem (I hope!!)

Thanks for everyone's input. I've been looking again today and the qashqai +2 is still looking like the top contender. One of my concerns with it though is the fact the rear seats are only a few inches from the boot and how safe would it be from a rear crash. Saying that I know there isn't much room between the sides of any car when you're sat in it. Only other thing I can't stop thinking is 11k is nearly 370 money!! Until they make a 7 seater guess it's the qashqai. Those rear child seats look good bit they're expensive for what they are.....plus worth more then my focus lol

Yeah the new xtrail was the plan but I'll be looking at 18k for one. I was gonna wait 18 months then get the xtrail but it's now I need the room. Trouble is going to Florida next year, new downstairs bathroom, extension next year and a new car. So 11k us the max right now. Looks like the plus 2 qashqai is still looking top. Dies anyone know how safe they are in a rear shunt? The seats are like 6 inches from the rear window. But saying that the xtrail q7 etc..

Are pretty much the same

I think pretty much all 7 seater car have the rear seats in the boot space, and you wouldn't want to be in them in any rear end shunt.

I don't think anyone really have any real data expect to say obviously the larger the car the less damage will be done to it in a rear end shunt. If it's only a car that your use for a few months why not just get something cheap like a grand scenic for sub £5K,

If you really want a SUV and limited on budget there the Volvo XC90, plenty of autotrader for sub £5K and the rear seats look much comfy than the Quasquai.

If you can stretch to finance, id recommend the Ford Edge like we got before Xmas. Beast of a car, easily get 3 child seats in the back and not even notice them. Mega leg room & boot is massive. More tech in it than ive seen in any car. Practically drives itself. Not cheap though, but residuals are very high as they are pretty rare.