Zed for Sale - Any thoughts?

Rob T

It all seems a bit weird. I asked him what mods it had. He said it had the seats, exhaust, wheels and nothing else.

But, you can clearly see it's got a different bonnet, de-badged and tints.

I think I'll give it a miss, especially after that MOT info.

Cheers Strudul!

Was thinking the same. It's common for a W brace on a car that age to at least be covered in surface corrosion. Looks like it passed the MOT without covering any miles, so be interested to know what they did to resolve it (had a word with the jobsworth MOT tester maybe) :shrug::lol:

Looks like it's had a few quid spent on it with the HR bonnet, wheels, zorst and seats. See what paperwork comes with it - hopefully it would be a nice folder full.

Owner probably doesnt even realise the bonnet has been changed

I remember this car being for sale when i bought mine a year ago. Sure it was up for around 2k more than this and the ex owner had listed loads he had done and money spent, no expense for servicing etc...

IIRC also it was a rev up but with lower tax band (one of the few sold in the 2 weeks before tax changed)

So i would guess the mot failure was the W brace like has been said which is no issue. Certainly worth a look imo if your interested.

Like the others have said, it's probably the W brace, easy and cheap enough to replace - it is literally just a brace under the car, not structural at all.

I'd go and have a look, take photo's of the under side of it.

That's where is it if you aren't familiar :)

Zed%20Underneath_1.jpg

They end up looking like this if you don't coat it in something:

s-l1000.jpg

DSC_0832_zpsrkgtlzvg.jpg