Site Logo

Zedrush

As you know I love this site, great people create great atmosphere.... Just one little niggly thing, well two in fact:

1.) The Intro logo sucks.. lol. The resolution makes it so pixulated, can you make it cleaner, do you have this font in vector base already? Would you like it in Vector base so that the resolution of the lines and font will be less pixulated? Looks like it was a 42dpi stretched to 72dpi :blush:

Picture2.png

2.) Search button is so hard and confusing, it brings up everything.. is it possible to have a button that just selects the type work in just the post titles? Like on my 350z .com?

:blush::surrender:

yes we do have it vector based. I made it in illustrator. The opening animation was made before my day and before we had a eps file. Don't think it's the highest priority to sort out but if you've got some spare time and what to redo the animation then great :thumbs:

The reason its pixelated on the front is because its in flash and lower res. A smoother logo could be used, but the flash file would be larger too...

As Mike says if anyone wants to re-do the intor animation thats great :thumbs:

We had a lot to do to get it off the ground, so it wasnt really a pro job on the intro screen. :blush:

I dont fully understand the request on the search function. Is it possible to explain a bit more?

The reason its pixelated on the front is because its in flash and lower res. A smoother logo could be used, but the flash file would be larger too...

As Mike says if anyone wants to re-do the intor animation thats great :thumbs:

We had a lot to do to get it off the ground, so it wasnt really a pro job on the intro screen. :blush:

I dont fully understand the request on the search function. Is it possible to explain a bit more?

I just reread my post about the search button and I dont understand it either :lol::lol::lol:

Is it possible in the search to search titles of posts only.. so if I wanted to search Fusion speakers for example, I could type it in and it will tearch just the titles of posts only? :blush:

I just reread my post about the search button and I dont understand it either :lol::lol::lol:

Is it possible in the search to search titles of posts only.. so if I wanted to search Fusion speakers for example, I could type it in and it will tearch just the titles of posts only? :blush:

Ahh right, I understand now..

The default is for the topic title and the text within the topic to be searched.

This can be changed to search the text of the entire thread (using the radio button on the right hand side when you go to the serach page) but there is no option to only search the topic title.

Ill see if its a quick fix.

Looks like a reasonably quick fix to add this option.

By the way - the recent topics link should work too, so if you have replied to an unread topic today and want to find it again even if there havent been any more replies since your own - recent topics is your friend. :)

Cheers Chesterfield :thumbs: I can work on an intro what format did you do it in?

is the flash set up to stream an avi file? :blush:

Nope - its just done in good old macromedia flash.

Nothing to stop the new intro page using other technologies though, just so long as it doesnt take ages to download :lol:

Lol Totally understand lol will see what I can do, Im a whizz at illustrator but my flash skills arnt great :blush: How about just a gif image?

Nothing to stop the new intro page using other technologies though, just so long as it doesnt take ages to download :lol:

Lol Totally understand lol will see what I can do, Im a whizz at illustrator but my flash skills arnt great :blush: How about just a gif image?

Careful Jay you're getting close to that fishing thread again ;)

I think you will find that a gif will be a bigger file size than flash if you want a nice looking quality intro. My opinion anyway...

Careful Jay you're getting close to that fishing thread again ;)

:lol::blush: