I need to rant!

Blocko

I sold our Mini to a dealer who rang me up and asked me what the lowest I'd take for it was. I told him, he sent a bloke down and the cash was in our bank. Everyone wins, I got what I wanted for it with a quick sale and he got a very good car to flog on for profit.

Always an exception to the rule, it just depends on how realistic you are or if you want to wait/weed through chancers.

whats the lowest I'd take for it

Another of the favourite buzz phrases.

Make an offer and find out usually helps, i have no idea why i would tell someone the lowest figure i would take is unless i was desperate to sell, there is a make an offer facility on ebay classifieds or the letters o.n.o

Maybe i am making it hard for myself, but i am selling not buying so its up to the buyer to decide how much he wants to pay imho as i want to get as much as as i can and my lowest maybe less than his highest.

The guy who bought my daily did what i expect any buyer to do, asked for my number (from ebay), called up, asked a couple of questions, arranged a viewing and made an offer, i declined his first and he raised it which i accepted, maybe its a generational thing as he was an older guy?

A photo and description only tells half the story, how many times do we hear stories on here of people travelling miles to view a car described in good condition only to find out its not (in their opinion) and vice versa you may be pleasantly surprised and realise the car you view is actually better than expected/described/photos and worth the price being asked, as we always say, buy on condition and you will never really know that until your standing in front of it.

Edited by Jetpilot

Last few cars ive sold privately I have just stuck them on ebay, zero reserve, 99p starting price. With millions of people looking on ebay, I knew they would make the market price, and sure enough they did. Of course I had offers from people offering me £500 for a car when if they just look at sold listings they can clearly see the exact same car normally fetches £2500, but in the main it was an easy sale. One actually sold off-ebay as the guy came out, had a look then offered me a price which I thought was fair based on what I could see they were selling for on ebay, so we shook hands, he gave me the cash and drove it away.

Ive only once had someone mess me about and that was a bloke who bought a motorbike off me on ebay. He turned up and I told him id actually found a load of extra spares, a pair of new tyres and a new battery which id throw in for free. He then proceeded to try and haggle me down on the ebay sold price. Cheeky git. There was me giving him about £250 worth of extra bits for free and he still wanted to knock £100 off the sold price. Ridiculous.

I'll use this opportunity to push some of my own musical tastes on you all. Looking forward to see if any of you listen to the same bands as me.

- Chromatics - Mask

- Polica - Lime Habit

You'll note not a single Xmas one between them :lol:

Years ago we sold my wife's 10 yr old Peugeot 306 Dturtbo.

Detailed to death.

One lady owner from new.

Only 50k on the clock.

Full service history.

The first guys to call came a day after the ad was placed on Saturday morning.

Wanted £1k off for a door ding which was clearly shown in the ad as the only negative.

Then proceeded to tell me how hard it would be to shift.

When I told him I have 3 more people coming to see it he gave me the full asking price.

I half wanted to tell him to bugger off for being so derogatory about the car despite him offering full asking price.

Even when I was getting annoyed with his attitude I simply said "I'll take your number and give you a ring if the other veiwers aren't interested"

Can you imagine in the old days haggling over the dowry to marry off your daughter........ There'll be a point where haggling goes too far as someone says "look.....Your daughter's fat and ugly....... I'd take the offer if I was you" and gets a slap :lol:

I need to rant now too lol.

Xmas rant.

Why is it they feel the need to have two weeks solid of The Pogues, Mariah Carey, Slade, etc.

/rant.

Stop listening to Heart FM then :p

As far as I am concerned, there are only three Xmas songs:

Pogues

Mariah

Original Band Aid

All others are utter garbage. Slade and Wizard especially, but also Shaky & East 17 & Wham. All crap.

I need to rant now too lol.

Xmas rant.

Why is it they feel the need to have two weeks solid of The Pogues, Mariah Carey, Slade, etc.

/rant.

Stop listening to Heart FM then :p

As far as I am concerned, there are only three Xmas songs:

Pogues

Mariah

Original Band Aid

All others are utter garbage. Slade and Wizard especially, but also Shaky & East 17 & Wham. All crap.

I bounce back and forth from R1 to R2 and both of those stations are rinsing the traditional xmas songs.

Nightmare.

I can't wait for spring! In the meantime I'll settle for just getting xmas out of the way lol.

Die Hard. Argyles mix tape.