Rogue One *spoilers, obvs*

Ekona

Best Star Wars film ever, bar none. Utterly, utterly stunning.

No nonsense of setting stuff up for more films, or trying to remake the originals, or trying to do anything other than just tell a really f*cking good story. Let's deal with the bad points first: The Cushing CGI was terrible, like really terrible. The Fisher bit was okay because it was so short and she didn;t move a lot. And that's it. That's the only bad points I can think of.

The characters were so, so well written and portrayed by all. It didn't even matter that we had another film with another young British actress playing the grizzled angsty lead, not when she did it so much better than what's-her-name from Ep7. In K2 we had a robot that finally wasn't a whingy little b*tch, or sappy and lovely, but just a sarcastic badass that gave just enough comic relief without being a parody. Loved him so much, gutted when he died. :(

The detail in the ships (oh man, when they flew over the star destroyers at close range!), when the billions of TIE Fighters came flooding out of the shield ring, the brutality of the fighting and the explosions as stormtrooper after stormtrooper was flung to bits... Just immense. I wasn't sure about the music in the first half hour, but everything just fitted together perfectly later on. The scene as the explosion came over them on the beach at the end got me right in the feels.

AND VADER!!! PROPER FREAKIN' VADER! Menacing, deadly, evil as f*ck and a huge reminder of how good a bad guy the character is.

Cannot wait to see this again. One of the best sci-fi films of all time, and the fact it pretty much has to stand alone as they cannot do a proper sequel makes it all the more impressive.

• Like 3

Ooh now I'm proper excited. Sadly I've reached the age where irritation at being in a room full of people who won't shut the fudge up while the film is on outweighs the enjoyment I get from the film itself. I will be buying the Blu Ray as soon as it hits the shelves though. Lights off, surround sound cranked up!

• Like 2

Ooh now I'm proper excited. Sadly I've reached the age where irritation at being in a room full of people who won't shut the fudge up while the film is on outweighs the enjoyment I get from the film itself. I will be buying the Blu Ray as soon as it hits the shelves though. Lights off, surround sound cranked up!

I've just got back from watching imax 3D and I too hate going the flicks due to noisy people who talk or eat their way through the film.....

We didn't have that at all and I'm putting that down to being so close to release, it being quite expensive to take the noisy brood and true fans wanting to see it so soon.

I really enjoyed it, told a huge unanswered question and closed that storyline off. Brilliant.

Oh and I'm not sure which cgi fischer bit Dan referred to butI thought when she appeared it was a very good lookalike actress and not cgi....

Edited due to typos.

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

Sure? 'Cos it looked odd and twitchy like cgi tends to.

Just a bad actress then :lol:

According to IMDB which I've just checked yes I'm sure :)

I took that scene to be filmed almost like the hologram scene all those years ago.... maybe you're right though.

Saw it Saturday and was very good, Carrie Fischer's face is definitely CGI though. Loved Donnie Yens character the most. Need to go see it again in IMAX 3D i think now.

I stand corrected t is CGI, just done a bit of research I just assumed it was a good lookalike and am blaming watching in 3D for not spotting :lol:

I'll probably watch when out on BluRay now, not paying another £30 to go and see it again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this, amazing, utterly amazing. Great story, two hours disappeared in a torrent of fantastic story telling, action, sadness and all wrapped up in the genuine Star Wars look and feel.

Loved it when Cassian and Jyn bump into the two characters on Jedha who go on to get the sharp end of Obi Wans lightsaber in the New Hope. Lots more little nods to the Star Wars universe throughout it was fantastic. All the way through to the final 5 minutes when they explain how Leia gets the plans and gets on board the Tantive IV.

Only thing missing was the many Bothans that were meant to have died getting the plans...?

was it a good film ........... most definitely

is it as good as the original - yes and no

the original will never be outdone by the sheer shock and amazement of nothing else like it anywhere, anywhen

obviously the the technological advancement of the present one makes it visually leaps and bounds over the original