After opinions on how to proceed with Z ownership!

TMPL

around £20k in total

You could buy one done for circa £11k which in my mind represents good value for money, all from experience of buying and owning one. Yeah sure you may want to put your own touches to it but you wont get close to 20k unless you start adding rocket bunny kits etc.

I am afraid to say, there isnt a chance in hell i would spend 20k on a 350z.

Money is a bit of a pain - it is expensive to FI etc a 350Z - and never refundable.

However, if you approach it from a perspective of 'project is fun because #project', whilst doing most of the work yourself and turning a blind eye to the money pit cost as far as you can, then it's worth it (in a few of us drive-way spanner monkeys' opinions). Zeds are much better at 400+ and pretty reliable in my experience. FI comes after the brake/tyre/suspension/service basics though.

:thumbs:

I imagine there's a few of us who bought our 350's new, mine was six months old when i picked mine up from Nissan. I paid a chunk for it but i could justify every penny back then and every penny now. At the end of the day it certainly doesn't matter how old the motor is, if you can personally justify the receipts then that's all that really matters. I'm waiting for the day i can hit Le Mans classic and feel like i belong. What else you going to do, spend 20k on a golf :lol:

around £20k in total

That's absolutely fair, but what could you, or would you get for 20k instead? I really can't think of anything I'd prefer until you get up to £40k to be honest.

around £20k in total

That's absolutely fair, but what could you, or would you get for 20k instead? I really can't think of anything I'd prefer until you get up to £40k to be honest.

Dont get me wrong, i agree in principal, when i had my fi zed i really had no intention of changing as i was the same, there was nothing i wanted sub £35k, so i am not going to say, buy this or that as there is loads available for sub £20k and no matter how much i loved it and if even if i had £20k budget, i still wouldnt pay that for something that can be bought for roughly half.

I fully appreciate the journey can be half the fun though and if you can afford to loose £10k go for it, but just think that is 25% of the money away from where you need or want to be (40k), so if your goal is own a fi 350 just go buy one and put that money aside for your £40k goal, if your goal is to enjoy the journey, get spending :teeth:

Edited by Jetpilot

around £20k in total

Dont get me wrong, i agree in principal, when i had my fi zed i really had no intention of changing as i was the same, there was nothing i wanted sub £35k, so i am not going to say, buy this or that as there is loads available for sub £20k and no matter how much i loved it and if even if i had £20k budget, i still wouldnt pay that for something that can be bought for roughly half.

I fully appreciate the journey can be half the fun though and if you can afford to loose £10k go for it, but just think that is 25% of the money away from where you need or want to be (40k), so if your goal is own a fi 350 just go buy one and put that money aside for your £40k goal, if your goal is to enjoy the journey, get spending :teeth:

You're right. While I'm saving up for all the parts, I'll keep an eye out and see if the right car pops up or not. It's another option I hadn't considered, so thanks! Just to be awkward it would have to be a part ex though, I couldn't be assed with trying to sell mine privately, waiting for the sale, missing the chance to buy the next car, finally selling mine and having nothing to buy etc. I guess most FI 350Z sales are probably private.

There have been a couple up as trade deals this year, but not sure i would trust someone who just p/ex's a fi zed to a dealer, your better off knowing the history from a members car, but thats just me.

Price yours right and it will sell, perhaps just advertise on here as that may avoid the usual ebay low ballers and time wasters, having said that i sold my first one on ebay for more than i advertised on here ironically.

Keep your eye on classifieds, i had never even thought about owning a vx220 and just by chance i saw one and it really sparked my interest so you never know what you may see that gets the juices flowing, good luck :)

around £20k in total

E92 335i with just 2 grand in bolt ons is almost 400 crank, and not expensive to take further. Get a N54 rather than an N55 if you can. Beautiful car with the right rims, and by the right rims, you know I mean BBS CH-R in gunmetal or black. ;)

I bought the Zed after mine was stolen...its a better car in every way except one, it's not quite as tight as the Zed out of the box in the handling department, but that's easily sorted with good coilovers and some bushes, then it's basically an M3 only with more power potential per dollar. ;) And 2 usable seats behind. Gearboxes and internals on the N54 are good for silly power, around 600 I think. Mine was the 4wd version (xi)...

full-crop_zpsuos7w5ya.jpg

Edited by Aashenfox

I would happily pay 10K for extras on the 350z it really is a beautiful car that ages well. With endless modding possibility's engine and looks wise and pure presence on the road too.

Edited by PPod