Watches

Flex

Did anyone scroll down and see the watch with an integral cigarette lighter... :scare:

Damn! And for only 10 quid! My 350 quid smartwatch doesn't have a fag lighter. :( That's it, my money back!!

EDIT: But I bet I could cobble together a 350z themed watch face for my Gear S3....hm...

Edited by Aashenfox

• 2 weeks later...

Omega and Rolex are much cheaper in Malaysia for some reason. Me and missus been surveying the price when we went back for holidays and it was around 25-35% cheaper compared to UK. However these are from independent high street shop selling a variety of luxury watches, not direct from Omega or Rolex shop. I can only assume they get a good deal from Omega/Rolex and wanted to clear stock. Omega/Rolex shops are cheaper too but not as cheap, maybe 10-15%. With 25-35% saving on Omega/Rolex, that's nearly cost of flight tickets (Emirates). Hence something to consider --> holiday in the far east + new watch

i'm pretty confident that Rolex don't "do deals" with independent watch shops. You'll probably find that its a combination of reduction in tax, and most likely brand new/un-worn.

You are probably right. Didn't really dig further on the reasons why, but been told Rolex is trying to control that soon due to independent shops selling them cheaper than they do.

Bit late to be jumping in on this, but better late than never..

Rolex set the price that all official retailers sell them at. The boutique or store you buy from have no say in the price. There are companies that go abroad and buy them vat free or at a reduced tax rate and sell them in England as 'preowned but un-used'. Rolex are really on top of their brand and pull contracts from any company they think are devaluing their product.

Also buying from anywhere other than an official dealer means the watch is not logged on the rolex database as sold in the uk, and warranty would be a nightmare if something went wrong!!

So for my 40th I'd like a nice watch, preferably something that will hold it's value around £1500.

Seen a few nice Rado's, I know a few of you are into your watches just wondered what you have and which models will appreciate over time.

I strongly recommend the brand 'tudor', originally created by the founder of rolex to be an alternative to rolex. In the past few years they have been re-introduced to the uk and are doing really well. Rolex quality at a lesser price. It also seems like they do more edgy designs compared to rolex, in an attempt to compete with the companies that modify rolex watches for customers who want something a bit different (rolex hate people modifying their watches and void warranties and refuse to service them).

Some are more than you want to spend, but my favourite is the classic style... what do people think?

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/2245213/tudor+men%27s+stainless+steel+bracelet+watch/

• Like 1

So for my 40th I'd like a nice watch, preferably something that will hold it's value around £1500.

Seen a few nice Rado's, I know a few of you are into your watches just wondered what you have and which models will appreciate over time.

I strongly recommend the brand 'tudor', originally created by the founder of rolex to be an alternative to rolex. In the past few years they have been re-introduced to the uk and are doing really well. Rolex quality at a lesser price. It also seems like they do more edgy designs compared to rolex, in an attempt to compete with the companies that modify rolex watches for customers who want something a bit different (rolex hate people modifying their watches and void warranties and refuse to service them).

Some are more than you want to spend, but my favourite is the classic style... what do people think?

http://www.ernestjon...bracelet watch/

I'll take a look, like that, I do like to see mechanisms, I'll see what they do. Do like that one but perhaps a little too simple, god, I don't know. Difficult to judge without seeing in the flesh. Light on the matter is what's needed.

If it helps, for me, a watch is an out of date accessory.. But watches like omega, rolex, tudor etc and other Swiss brands are more than that. When you buy a nice watch your buying a bit of history, something to remind you what hard work gets, something to pass on.. And more importantly in an age where everything is digital and easy, a nice watch is like sticking two fingers up to technology because tradition still stands for something.

Bit like the different people who buy a zed.. You can just buy a zed, or you can buy a zed and enjoy the history and tradition that comes with the 'z' badge..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So I ordered one, went for a RADO. Nice 40th bday present to myself as noone else bought me anything nice lol. Pictures to follow, when it arrives.

Happy 40th, I have 3 weeks left. :/

What kind of mechanism does it have?

So I ordered one, went for a RADO. Nice 40th bday present to myself as noone else bought me anything nice lol. Pictures to follow, when it arrives.

Happy 40th, I have 3 weeks left. :/

What kind of mechanism does it have?

I'm gonna sound stupid here, I know it, it's an automatic for sure, here's the link:

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Rado-Centrix-Skeleton-Mens-Watch/p/17680536/

I looked at few and I really couldn't decide browsing online, you need to see them in the flesh I think. Also did 0% finance over 3 yrs, I mean why wouldn't you for something like this? £36 per month. Boom!!