2016 Infiniti Q60.. in the flesh

AMT

Seen plenty of pics online and some videos reviews from the states but this was the first time I've been able to see the car up close. Was in checking what arm was knocking... gd ol' banana again...yay. :yawn::dry:

I must say, despite not being a fan of 'saloon coupes' it is a handsome angry lookin bugger.

The sloping rear which I thought looked odd in some pictures works better in the flesh. Looked great in this colour too. Sadly only the 2.0L as the V6 won't be over here until a few months yet. Interior is what you'd expect and I must admit not much difference in quality of newer BM's and Audi's I've been in recently. Bit higher than the Z but it is wider. This one didn't have the flappy paddles. Most certainly one of the better lookin coupes right now, compared to the bland Germans.

What do we think?

4024dea6fdb5434b7e0641c8f62891fb.jpg

c4715d9cae2b93c12426b8271f4ef6c7.jpg

12be95b0f7750dcc14effb3cea45004d.jpg

63963297651d03a1e6235f942782856b.jpg

73e44235d09e1e47260247fab608cf09.jpg

4090b6233e87e64e34c752e30e6739e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by AMT

Yeah when I seen it in pics its got that off balance thing going on with a bit of the roof, but it does work out a bit better in the flesh. Quality insides certainly good enough for the price, not hugely different from Q50, but steering wheel felt great in your hands. Rear seats looked quite big... not sure if its just cos I'm used to..none lol. From videos I've seen even the V6 will certainly need an exhaust upgrade. Wheel options are not great but maybe they'll add some more.

A highly advise on it Irfan, you'll like it. I'm looking forward to seeing if the steerings any better than the Q50, which isn't all that great.

They are certainly doing the right thing though offering a lower end model as a lot of 3 series coupes etc are all like 320's so makes sense financially, but thankfully they will still have the 400bhp one. Don't think were gettin' the 300 pony effort though.

Edited by AMT

I'd still rather have a 'proper' GT than it but I'm silly with money so... (and by proper I mean a near 10 year old XKR that I yearn for so badly lol)

10 years is right when the new model came out. Are you on about the X100 (the old one) or X150 (the one they stopped making in 2014)?

Would love either tbh. :thumbs:

Edited by Strudul

The X150... I'm still considering it lol. It makes no financial sense...but neither does the Z.

You can get black or carbon fibre bits for it to replace the chrome apparently

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by AMT

The X150... I'm still considering it lol. It makes no financial sense...but neither does the Z.

It's a car, they aren't supposed to make financial sense. Just do it, they are amazing.

It's what I want to upgrade to when I'm done with my Z. That, a 650i, or an IS F (though a Maserati Granturismo would be the dream). Kinda scared with it being British and the potential maintenance costs, but you know it'd be worth every penny.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see it today. The guy offered me a test drive, wasn't gonna say no :lol:

Still dont like the c pillar on the car. I think it ruins the exterior. The car just doesn't flow from back to front. Could've easily been the nicest car in the class but it isn't

The interior- nice quality overall, love the detail in the leather stitching. The screen is pretty much the same as the q50

The drive- handled well on B roads, sporty drive. And a decent cruiser when you want it to be

But the 2.0 engine wasn't for me. Performance wasn't bad for a heavy car but that noise was awful

The 3.0 twin turbo v6 is out next year and will be worth a drive but I think average joes will go for the 2.0

The salesman wasn't the most clued up. He tried to convince me the 3.0 was a v8 :wacko:

• Like 1

Wonder if it was the new guy I spoke to, he was chatty as hell mind you he did say to me V6 so meh. Think they've got a few new people. I'd def go back and try the 400bhp one when its out, I'd feel a bit backwards going to a 2.0 from the Z (even though I can't afford a new car lol), maybe shot myself in the foot with owning this car :lol:

Thankfully David, Marie and the older ones are still there. Met the new tech (think his name was Alan, not sure) but he seems fairly knowledgeable on the Zs. Mine's goes back in on Tues for BOTH banana arms :bang: Such a weak point those ball joints, I've went through a few aftermarket ones and they only last a very short period and the car doesn't get smashed about on the road. So I've opted for offical Nissan ones to see if any difference. At least they'll have a years part warranty although its gonna be one expensive day. :headhurt:

You wouldn't want an Infiniti manual.... trust me lol There better for autos :lol: Even they themselves at dealers are not a fan lol. Be interesting to have a go in one, prob have to wait a while til' the more powerful one, but it'll be next year or more. They know fine well I wouldn't be dropping that kinda cash on the big one :lol::blush:

Edited by AMT

Lot of chatter in Japan that the optional 3.0 TT engine in this will make it into the next Fairlady Z incarnation (no pun intended). Nissan can't ignore the efficiency of usingTurbo's in their sports cars anymore so the NA route is looking decidedly endangered.

I personally think this engine in a two-seater coupe would be fantastic. 475 N.m of Torque in a lighter body would have this thing competing with the GT-R performance-wise which is why some people think it won't happen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone else have any info when the V6 400hp is going to be available here? On autotrader its just the 2.0s

Re styling I dont see the issue with the C-pillar

Those rims however dont "look special" enough esp if one opted for the V6

Quick opinion; Red or (Light) Silver

Untitled.jpg

Won't be till next year at the earliest. Japanese manufacturers like to time thier April releases of new cars with the TAS in January. Gives the Osaka Auto Messe a chance to showcase too.

Looking at a another 12 month's buddy.

It will be interesting to see how rare this car turns out to be on UK Roads

The Q30 is q common though the premium hatch market its in is more attainable to the masses

The Q60 will be competing head on with the C Class/A5 Coupes & 4 Series so I expect less to sell ensuring its rarity