Wheels- help me decide

LRF4N

Not for a zed for a mk2 MR2. It will be going wide arch soon but can't decide on wheels. Modifying the arches to go rocket bunny-esq

Iv narrowed it down to 2 but still torn between them. It's not my daily it's a weekend car but can't afford to spend too much at the moment with so much else going on

Ok so the wheels in question. One set is 16s the other 17s

The 16s are steelies. Bare with me before you say no! They're deep dish and although I'm not 100% on the design (and material) they won't need spacers. If anything the fronts sit too far out so il need to extend the arches more. They might look tiny being 16s but hopefully the wide dishes will make up for it

I'm not keen on black wheels but I think they will hide the design and having a black theme against red could work

The 17s are nicer. And actual alloys lol. Concave with the spokes going all the way to the rim so will look spot on. Only down side is they'll need 30mm spacers at the back. Fronts will sit perfect

So do I go for the better wheels with spacers or cheat with some steel alloy wannabes which won't need spacers and extend the front arches?

16s: 8j et -25

4651F48C-12BC-4937-8187-5F62DA8C23E6.jpg

17s: 9j et20

5636E860-E811-4099-9F67-4D99A76C9E33.jpg

Remember I'm on a budget lol

What's wrong with the 17s? The centre caps a bit big but other than that? They're plain 6 spokes with good depth

they look like Ali-G special ordered them from China

can i ask your budget?

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

lol they're not that bad

The car was only 1200 quid so don't want to spend that or more just on wheels

Plus there's a lot more to get Iv only bought the arches so far. Not in a position I can throw money at a second car

These are both around the 400 mark. I found it difficult to find anything that comes close to the dimensions of the 16s. Don't want to go as big as 18. Any 17s/16s Iv found with half decent offsets are not in 114x5 pcd

I'd rather avoid spacers if possible but obviously when going wide arch there's a good chance you will need them

I like they JRs but in 16s they look too small. I'd prefer 16s

Il need to check the JR site again

Any other suggestions are welcome

Been on drift works but not seen anything decent in 17s for a while

I do like the rota gtr/grids in 17x9.5 et 12 but when they do come up they get snapped up quickly. They always go for more as well

I have considered 7twenty style 49. They're coming in at 700 which is more than I wanna spend but if I get coilovers from them I can get 0% finance

Il see what Chris comes up with

Yeah I waited a good 9 months before getting my first set of ssr's stalking driftworks lol but I was lucky in respect that my other car required an odd offset so got what I considered a bargain.

Have you tried various Honda forums? Would have thought there would be a lot of wide 16's in that genre

Yeah I waited a good 9 months before getting my first set of ssr's stalking driftworks lol but I was lucky in respect that my other car required an odd offset so got what I considered a bargain.

Have you tried various Honda forums? Would have thought there would be a lot of wide 16's in that genre

problem is honda boys want to pull a premium they advertise 16x7 rpf1 for over a grand

Thoughts on the following:

Rota kyusha rear 17x9/9.5 both et0, front 17x9 et20

7twenty 49 rear 17x10 et10, front 17x9 et15

JR11 17x9 et20 all round

I also found the mkr in et-10 but the mr2 isn't old school enough to suit them. They suit old datsuns well

Not ruled out JR10 in 16s with 9j et10 rear and et20 front

What made them were the dimensions. Iv never liked black wheels cos you lose the design. But with them I wouldn't mind losing the design lol. I won't get dishes that wide anywhere else

A lot of the red rocket bunny and liberty walk cars have all black wheels. With black accents it could work

But they're discontinued in that offset. And wasn't sure if the weight

I have some experience in this area ......... ;)

Bandies - just no, WHAT ARE YOU EVEN THINKING MAN. There are very, very few cars they will actually do anything for and most of those are ratlook to start with. :yuck:

Second set, better, but still blatantly cheap and the more cheap wheel there is, the cheaper it will look

Next up, if youre on a budget why are you widearching the car? It wont just be the arches, it will be fitting, paint, coilovers and probably camber arms and new tyres too. Making a car look pimp doesnt come cheap.

Finally, as youre doing the arches I wont check fitment but:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/wheels-tyres-sale/247944-welsch-lm-technik-8-5-10x17-et13-et20-5x112-5x114-3-a.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17-Work-RSV-Japan-alloys-Tyres-8-9-Drift-Nissan-200sx-MR2-Skyline-VOLK-/112166968083?hash=item1a1dac1b13:g:zbIAAOSwPCVYAQx4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enkei-RP01-17-5x114-/332046037326?hash=item4d4f7c714e:g:VREAAOSw1DtXH-Ad

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/wheels-tyres-sale/249937-ssr-professor-ms1-5x114-3-18-x10-et11-18-x9-et24-fresh-japan.html 18's but Mmmmmmmm

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/wheels-tyres-sale/251167-17-x-9-rota-gtr-4x114-et25.html

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/wheels-tyres-sale/251889-advan-avs-model-5-17x8-5-9j-et-35-5x114-3-w-tyres.html GET THESE.

Give me commission and Ill find 20 more sets for you ;)

How about finding me a set that fits the criteria? ;)

1. I had thought about the welch's but not keen on the design. At least the sizes are good

2 and 3. Weak offsets

4. 18s. I'm only looking for 16/17s

5. Wrong pcd

6. Weak offsets

I thought you had experience in this lol

I know about the rest of the work needing done.... hence the less funds available for wheels